Problem with upgrade to BoincTasks 1.45

Started by kentcollier, March 11, 2013, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentcollier

Hello, I just upgraded to BoincTasks 1.45 64bit version. Now the "Projects" tab and the "Tasks" tab are both empty. All my computers are listed on the "Computer" tab. Interestingly, there is one task listed on the "History tab." It is a SETI@Home task that is Ready to report from 06-Oct-2012! What am I doing wrong? BOINC Manager is running correctly and "BOINC Manager - Event Log" shows everthing OK.

fred

Quote from: kentcollier on March 11, 2013, 02:17:07 PM
Hello, I just upgraded to BoincTasks 1.45 64bit version. Now the "Projects" tab and the "Tasks" tab are both empty. All my computers are listed on the "Computer" tab. Interestingly, there is one task listed on the "History tab." It is a SETI@Home task that is Ready to report from 06-Oct-2012! What am I doing wrong? BOINC Manager is running correctly and "BOINC Manager - Event Log" shows everthing OK.
Check the BoincTasks log: Show-> Log

Look for this line: Connect ---- Connected to:

My first guess is the firewall that's blocking BoincTasks.
A system restart may fix this.

kentcollier

I checked the log. It says:

I do not see the line with "Connect ---- Connect to:"

16 March 2013 - 17:30:07 BoincTasks version: 1.45
16 March 2013 - 17:30:08 Language ---- User: 1033 (ENU), System: 1033 (ENU), Selected: 0 () Used: 1033 (ENU)
16 March 2013 - 17:30:08 Maximum number of computers: Unlimited
16 March 2013 - 17:30:16 Start BOINC client ---- The BOINC client was already running

I have also rebooted several times without any difference. I also completely un-installed Boinc Tasks and downloaded a fresh copy and re-installed. Nothing changed. I am reluctant to upgrade my other three computers. (They are still running an older version.)

What else can I try?

fred

Quote from: kentcollier on March 16, 2013, 09:39:20 PM
What else can I try?

Check the expert tab:

The first box 120 second (reconnect)
The second box 120 seconds (timeout)

This line is missing:
Computers ---- xx , localhost
That means no computer is enabled. That's why there is no connection attempt.

Select the computers tab and make sure the check box (first) is checked in the line with the computers. (all of them)

For some more logging:

Copy this file:
C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples\log log.xml
To:
C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log

Change this one:
      <connecting>         1   </connecting>

You may need to start e.g. notepad as administrator to edit the file.

In the log tab select "debug mode"

Restart BoincTasks.

Tex1954

After testing the Beta, I went back to 1.40... this morning, I saw the release to 1.45 and tried it.

!.45 has the same problem as the Beta... When I "Un-check" a computer in the Computers Tab, it goes into a 60 second timeout and becomes unresponsive. If I "Re-Check" a computer, same thing.

No expert or other settings I have found make any difference.

8-)

fred

Quote from: Tex1954 on March 17, 2013, 03:01:20 PM
After testing the Beta, I went back to 1.40... this morning, I saw the release to 1.45 and tried it.

!.45 has the same problem as the Beta... When I "Un-check" a computer in the Computers Tab, it goes into a 60 second timeout and becomes unresponsive. If I "Re-Check" a computer, same thing.

No expert or other settings I have found make any difference.

8-)
There is something wrong, it comes back, but it takes way too long.

fred

V 1.45 is no longer the stable release version V 1.40 is.

V 1.45 has some issues on some computers.