[Resolved] Expanding/Contracting Applications

Started by Gandalf, April 05, 2013, 12:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

In the BOINCTasks program, Ready to report tasks can contract to provide linear room on the screen.  With all the possible tasks contracted, I am still running out of room with my four current computers.  I am about to bring a fifth computer on line and there will not be any monitoring room left.

Is it possible to make the Status Running contractible?  Running is taking up most of the lines on the screen.  Contracting these lines will provide room to add more computers for monitoring and as long as the Running tasks are running there really is no need to see all of the Running tasks in detail.  And, of course, if one does wish to see a group of Running tasks in detail, one could always click and expand that grouping.

Thanks for the consideration,
Gandalf
Linux Mint 14 DE: Cinnamon Operating System

fred

Quote from: Gandalf on April 05, 2013, 12:00:17 PM
In the BOINCTasks program, Ready to report tasks can contract to provide linear room on the screen.  With all the possible tasks contracted, I am still running out of room with my four current computers.  I am about to bring a fifth computer on line and there will not be any monitoring room left.
A suggestion:

Extra->Show only running tasks
Add a gadget window: Extra->BoincTasks settings->Gadget Mode sholw all computers.

I have the gadget always on top.
The gadget is what I use the most it gives the info how much work is still on the computers in Wu and time.

Gandalf

Quote from: fred on April 06, 2013, 09:59:53 AM
A suggestion:

Add a gadget window: Extra->BoincTasks settings->Gadget Mode sholw all computers.

The gadget is what I use the most it gives the info how much work is still on the computers in Wu and time.

Question:  Why do I not get an email notifying me of a posting to my threads?

I just noticed that Extra > Filter (combine) tasks on provides for this collapsing ability.  You just have to enable the Running option.
I don't know if the previous versions had this or not, but if it is new, then thank you.

Thanks

fred

Quote from: Gandalf on April 09, 2013, 04:27:20 PM
Quote from: fred on April 06, 2013, 09:59:53 AM
A suggestion:

I just noticed that Extra > Filter (combine) tasks on provides for this collapsing ability.  You just have to enable the Running option.
I don't know if the previous versions had this or not, but if it is new, then thank you.

Thanks
Even I sometimes forget, that it is already implemented. :o
The server sometimes emails, sometimes it doesn't, I may have to check that....

Gandalf

Quote from: fred on April 10, 2013, 06:19:55 AM
Quote from: Gandalf on April 09, 2013, 04:27:20 PM

Thanks
Even I sometimes forget, that it is already implemented. :o
The server sometimes emails, sometimes it doesn't, I may have to check that....
Well, at least it was a good idea.  ;D

My error, Fred.  I didn't realize I had to activate the Notify button.  Forums tend to very in how they work.  Some automatically notify you if you created the thread.  Obviously, yours doesn't.   I'm learning.  Slowly, but learning.