computer/project view filter

Started by gt3, April 24, 2013, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt3

was reading through the wish lists and wasn't able to find a similar wish.  if this has been asked before, sorry for the repeat.

i was wondering, on the view tasks tab that lists the active, inactive, etc. tasks of all the selected computers in the computer list if there could be another filter for projects.

i suppose a second window like the computer list that lists all the projects from all the selected computers so that can be used as a secondary filter.  this project list would basically add and remove the aggregate projects from all the currently selected computers.  these projects could then subsequently be selected and deselected much in the same was as the computer list to produce the desired resultset.

in this way, it would be possible to see only those tasks for those projects for those computers currently filtered.

its possible to sort the task list according to project/application, etc.  but if a main secondary filter were available, the resulting task/project/computer filter can be specified while still being able to sort the results on status and some other time related field, etc.

thanks for the consideration.  boinctasks really make life a lot more manageable.

fred

I added it to the to-do list, a good idea.

fred

Pooh Bear 27

I want to add to this request. I would love to be able to sort the tasks by multiple headers.

For example, I want all Running Tasks together, but then group by computer, so I can see the running tasks on top. The other statuses of waiting to run, report, suspended, etc all would be below all the running tasks. It allows me to see the important stuff, and makes it easier to sort through any issues that may be happening.

I would also like to be able to raise the fonts a bit larger. Being a lower sighted person, I have difficulty seeing the current text size you use.

fred

Quote from: Pooh Bear 27 on December 10, 2014, 12:03:24 PM
I want to add to this request. I would love to be able to sort the tasks by multiple headers.

I would also like to be able to raise the fonts a bit larger. Being a lower sighted person, I have difficulty seeing the current text size you use.
Read this: http://efmer.com/b/boinctasks_manual
Chapter Sorting Tips

The fonts are the default system fonts, they should scale if you use a bigger system font.