Charting temps similar to credits

Started by coolstream, June 30, 2013, 12:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

Hi Fred, I wonder if it would be possible to add a new chart similar to the credits graph to record temperatures of machines (using the value that TThrottle uses when deciding whether to throttle or not). Getting values even on an hour by hour basis, it should help decide which machines are in need of better thermal management.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this...

fred

Quote from: coolstream on June 30, 2013, 12:36:40 PM
Hi Fred, I wonder if it would be possible to add a new chart similar to the credits graph to record temperatures of machines (using the value that TThrottle uses when deciding whether to throttle or not). Getting values even on an hour by hour basis, it should help decide which machines are in need of better thermal management.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this...
Like show -> temperature graph?

coolstream

I suppose that does the job, but what I was thinking of was being able to show more than one machine at a time and plotting ONLY the values that TThrottle uses to decide whether to throttle or not.

I would then be able to see at a glance if any machine was constantly running at high temps and being throttled. I would thus be able to see if any machine required a better thermal management. Not such a big problem  in colder months but invaluable in the summer.

By having all machines on the same graph, I could compare how well temps are being managed just like I can compare efficiency in the Statistics graph. Does that make more sense?