New Features for BT

Started by Corsair, October 11, 2009, 05:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

apart from yet included in wish list and reported in the forum, could be something of following:
01 - CPU bar user defined as bar or as number only, as stated in the wish list only shown in the running and h.p. running.
02 - in all windows, the colour is for all the row, could it be ended in the last column??
03 - why are slight different colours in rows for the same client state of different WU??
04 - some projects when restarted BOINC, appears as "waiting to run" but no progress bar, but in BOINC the have % done. e.g. Enigma
05 - a user defined grid for all windows.
06 - attach to new projects and update/attach with account manager (e.g BOINCStats) buttons.
07 - a user defined text font, colour, size.
08 - some colours (some of then already included):
      Messages tab: normal, warning / error, user warning / error.
      Tasks: WU may hit the DL, WU near the DL, WU over the DL, WU in progress, WU paused, WU waiting to run, ready to start, WU running but slow, WU running, WU running high priority, transfer in progress, WU finished with error, WU suspended.
      Projects: Normal, suspended, no work allowed, work buffer empty.
      in case WU finished tab: normal, and WU finished with error.
      in case Hosts tab: normal, outdated BOINC client version.
09 - user defined low efficiency of CPU/GPU (already included in wish list).
10 - if BT starts with system, why not that BT starts BOINC manager too??
11 - is there any possibility of restart any BOINC client in the network inside BT, if there are some problems with WU and projects that need to restart BOINC manager but from the BT running machine, instead of going to the other machine and restart the boinc manager.
12 - one column in the projects tab with the work buffer of every computer and project.
13 - projects tab, row credits, could be a sum of the highest values of each project to aprox. know the BOINC credits of all projects in all computers, for every computer just take the maximum value and sum this with other project, etc. the result could be shown in a row at the end of the window like the header of this window.
14 - possibility of moving the columns in windows to the desired order.
15 - mouse selection by windows, does not select anything.
16 - update all projects in the computer selected only.
17 - could be removed the right click in messages windows, and instead select the computer from the left panel.

will try to find anything else to make BT the best ever. :)

Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

01) explain some more so I know what you mean.
02) will be difficult.
03) Ah someone noticed, it is meant for following the right task, but it is a bit erratic at the moment after I changed the sorting.
something to fix.... sometime.
04) (BUG) sometimes the progress bar is missing, when a task is in Waiting to run.
05) Please explain.
06) Request (low): Add an account manager.
07) Request (low): User defined font, size and color.
08) Message tab, do you mean add more colors for states.
    Tasks: please only the once your missing so I can follow it.
    Request: Project view: Add colors for Work buffer empty, no new tasks, suspended.
    The rest when the a new history view has added, one thing at a time.
09) Already in the list.
10) Request (low): Auto start BOINC Client as well, if it is not running when BoincTasks starts.
11) I don't think so
12) Request (low): In the project view add a column Tasks for the tasks per project.
13) The graph is much better at that.
14) Request (low): Manually rearrange the column sequence in all views.
15) ???? what?
16) Request (low): Menu update projects for the selected computer(s) only.
17) Request: A better way to select the Messages. E.g. from the computer selection window, if only one is selected use that a the selected computer.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on October 11, 2009, 05:22:19 PM

05) Please explain.
    Request: Project view: Add colors for Work buffer empty, no new tasks, suspended.
15) ???? what?
01) the CPU/GPU usage if could be selected to display or the progress bar or a number only, sometimes as they're close one each other I confuse the progress with the CPU%.
05) a grid for the row and columns to show in the windows.
08) yes,
messages, colours missing: warning / error, user warning / error
tasks, colours missing: WU may hit the DL, WU near the DL, WU over the DL, WU paused, WU running but slow ("error CPU ratio"), WU finished with error ("Error"), WU suspended.
Projects, colour missing: suspended, no work allowed, work buffer empty.
the other Tab I'll remember when the day will come.
15) when you point, e.g. in project tab by means of a window selection with the mouse nothing is selected or the window exchanged of size, shape before release the click and nothing is done.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 11, 2009, 09:11:45 PM
Quote from: fred on October 11, 2009, 05:22:19 PM

05) Please explain.
15) ???? what?
01) the CPU/GPU usage if could be selected to display or the progress bar or a number only, sometimes as they're close one each other I confuse the progress with the CPU%.
05) a grid for the row and columns to show in the windows.
08) yes,
messages, colours missing: warning / error, user warning / error
tasks, colours missing: WU may hit the DL, WU near the DL, WU over the DL, WU paused, WU running but slow ("error CPU ratio"), WU finished with error ("Error"), WU suspended.
Projects, colour missing: suspended, no work allowed, work buffer empty.
the other Tab I'll remember when the day will come.
15) when you point, e.g. in project tab by means of a window selection with the mouse nothing is selected or the window exchanged of size, shape before release the click and nothing is done.
01) Added in the wish list: Switching the CPU Perc bar on/off
05) There is... an alternating color on the row. In the column I don't think that is necessary to do so.
08) Added to the wish list:
     Tasks: = high priority already there.
     Tasks: Add color for suspended, Ratio is already there, Error is already there for CPU and GPU.
     Projects: in the list: colors suspended, no work allowed, buffer empty.
15) This one I don't understand. Tell me more.

Corsair

Hi Fred,

15) e.g. Projects windows, you want to select the whole projects of one or two computers,
so you deselect from the left panel the ones you don't need, and in the projects windows
you try to select all of then with the mouse, left click and leaves clicked until you get the
selection (selection window with mouse), with this method you don´t get any selections.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 12, 2009, 05:21:24 PM
Hi Fred,

15) e.g. Projects windows, you want to select the whole projects of one or two computers,
so you deselect from the left panel the ones you don't need, and in the projects windows
you try to select all of then with the mouse, left click and leaves clicked until you get the
selection (selection window with mouse), with this method you don´t get any selections.
Clicking the first one, hold down shift and select the last one.  Or hold down the control key and select or deselect on by one.
But I see a potential problem with the shift and control detection, when the project view looses focus.