News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing V 7.14

Started by fred, September 07, 2013, 10:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Fixed: The temperature graph leaves a gap every 6 hours.

This is the release candidate...... ;D

Pepo

This means, would be nice to finish some translations :-[ ???
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on September 10, 2013, 04:56:58 AM
This means, would be nice to finish some translations :-[ ???
Right. It's much easier in the new versions. ;D

Corsair

Still some problem with temperatures of GPU in combined computer with APU & GPU.

the computer was working really bad so decided (I should have to do it some month ago) to do a clean install of the OS windows pro 8 x64 and everything normal
done the windows update to the latest
installed TT 7.14

perfect I could see both temperatures in their proper site the one for the HD7770 a normal reading and the one for the APU as usual in values near 0 Celsius for my surprise that sometimes I lost the mouse in the screen ummmmmmh why?

check in desktop properties and set to extend desktop to both screens (only one screen but to avoid problem connected to DVI (HD7770) and VGA (APU)) so the mouse just continues to the "other screen"  ;D exchanged to show only screen 1 (HD7770) and the second reading of GPU gone ?? ?? ??.

no to much rush, now check in the Server in BT about readings and shown that the slow one (APU) is showing the temperature of the HD7770 and the fast one (HD7770) is not showing any temperature.

why the readings are exchanged??

I'll upload a picture of it to the server to check how is that.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 13, 2013, 10:58:54 AM
Still some problem with temperatures of GPU in combined computer with APU & GPU.
Look for this line: Gpu's found: 1, bus slots used by BOINC: 2 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
You should see 2 of them.

To manually override the setting found:

This should switch the two of them.

<GPU_SETUP>
  <Device_position>1;0</Device_position>
</GPU_SETUP>

Warning the tthrottle.xml is in UNICODE right now and the syntax changed a bit.
Check the example.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on September 13, 2013, 11:20:00 AM
Quote from: Corsair on September 13, 2013, 10:58:54 AM
Look for this line: Gpu's found: 1, bus slots used by BOINC: 2 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
You should see 2 of them.

To manually override the setting found:

This should switch the two of them.

<GPU_SETUP>
</GPU_SETUP>

Warning the tthrottle.xml is in UNICODE right now and the syntax changed a bit.
Check the example.

have this, how should be the switiches??

Gpu's found: 2, bus slots used by BOINC: 0 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
TThrottle is using GPU device position: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

<GPU_SETUP>
  <Device_position>0;1</Device_position>
</GPU_SETUP>

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 13, 2013, 02:06:13 PM
have this, how should be the switiches??

Gpu's found: 2, bus slots used by BOINC: 0 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
TThrottle is using GPU device position: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

<GPU_SETUP>
  <Device_position>0;1</Device_position>
</GPU_SETUP>
TThrottle is using GPU device position: -1 -1 means the values are not valid.

To reverse.
0->1
1->0

<GPU_SETUP>
</GPU_SETUP>

The log should show: TThrottle is using GPU device position: 1 0

Corsair

Only way to get proper reading is seting the OS to extend the desktop to both screens, I sent the logs to the server with setting one screen and seeting 2 screen.

the main problem with two screens when I'm only have one is that mouse could be lost in the course of the lost display  ;)

Corsair.

Corsair

the best I get is the uploaded picture in the server as "final.png"

and set as:
OS: extent desktop to both screens (only one screen but MOBO vga and GPU DVI connected to same monitor)
TT:
<GPU_SETUP>
</GPU_SETUP>

otherwise the temperature values displayed exchanged in devices reading 1 shown on device 0 - reading 0 shown on device 1.

already uploaded log file of final position with readings corrected as "2Screens_pos_correct.txt"

Corsair.

Corsair

this could answer the exchange of temperatures:

TT is taking the GPU in one order and BOINC manager is doing the opposite so BOINC manager is telling to BT the order of the GPU and saying that the APU is the 1st and the 2nd is the dedicated GPU.

Quote12   13-09-2013 12:09   CAL: ATI GPU 0: AMD Radeon HD 7400/7500/7600 series (Trinity) (CAL version 1.4.1741, 1024MB, 992MB available, 2016 GFLOPS peak)   
13   13-09-2013 12:09   CAL: ATI GPU 1: AMD Radeon HD 7700 series (Cape Verde) (CAL version 1.4.1741, 1024MB, 984MB available, 3360 GFLOPS peak)   
14   13-09-2013 12:09   OpenCL: AMD/ATI GPU 0: AMD Radeon HD 7400/7500/7600 series (Trinity) (driver version 1124.2 (VM), device version OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1124.2), 1024MB, 992MB available, 2016 GFLOPS peak)   
15   13-09-2013 12:09   OpenCL: AMD/ATI GPU 1: AMD Radeon HD 7700 series (Cape Verde) (driver version 1124.2 (VM), device version OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1124.2), 1024MB, 984MB available, 3360 GFLOPS peak)   

for this reason should I must to exchange the order in TT to be agreed with the BOINC Manager findings.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 13, 2013, 02:39:40 PM
already uploaded log file of final position with readings corrected as "2Screens_pos_correct.txt"
It seems the BOINC client does things differently.
On NVIDIA it works, but apparently not with AMD.

That's why the manual correction is still in place. 8)

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 13, 2013, 02:58:11 PM
this could answer the exchange of temperatures:

TT is taking the GPU in one order and BOINC manager is doing the opposite so BOINC manager is telling to BT the order of the GPU and saying that the APU is the 1st and the 2nd is the dedicated GPU.
This function was build in the BOINC client so TThrottle could find the right GPU device.
Apparently the doesn't work as advertised, but for now I think it's a BOINC client bug.