Show GPU Tasks Toggle Reversed

Started by wplachy, September 12, 2013, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wplachy

I have BoincTasks (1.49) on 1 PC that does not show Einstein@home tasks that are running and queued. The only thing shown in the tasks window are WCG tasks. The projects window shows Einstein@Home with the number of tasks and the transfers, messages and history windows show Einstein activity.

I have BoincTasks installed on another PC that is showing both WCG and Einstein. I have checked the Extra->BoincTasks Settings->Tasks windows between the 2 PCs and there is no difference. The Menu Extra->Show GPU Tasks is checked. I tried toggling both Show CPU and GPU and only the Show-CPU has an effect.

I also un-installed, deleted the \Program Files\eFMer folder and re-installed BoincTasks but the problem persists.

Both PCs are running Win 7 (64) and BOINC 7.0.64.

I'm out of ideas and would appreciate assistance getting this resolved.

After posting this I tried unchecking Show GPU Tasks, closed BT, reopened BT and now the GPU tasks are displayed (with Show GPU unchecked). If I check Show GPU tasks they stop being displayed. So it looks like it's working, but reversed. With Show GPU checked GPU tasks are not displayed, with it unchecked they are displayed. The toggle works correctly on the other PC ???

Bill P

fred

Quote from: wplachy on September 12, 2013, 08:15:20 PM
I'm out of ideas and would appreciate assistance getting this resolved.

After posting this I tried unchecking Show GPU Tasks, closed BT, reopened BT and now the GPU tasks are displayed (with Show GPU unchecked). If I check Show GPU tasks they stop being displayed. So it looks like it's working, but reversed. With Show GPU checked GPU tasks are not displayed, with it unchecked they are displayed. The toggle works correctly on the other PC ???

Bill P
It sounds something is wrong with the registry settings, toggle the GPU setting on -> off -> on and everything should indeed work as expected.
If the problem is still there, try 1.53 that is the release candidate.
1.53 still has the problem, report back to me.

wplachy

Thanks for the reply! I tried turning Show GPU on-off-on, same thing, GPU tasks display when unchecked and do not display when checked.

I installed 1.53 and there is no change.

I looked in the registery found a couple of keys that look like the control:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\filter\show_gpu
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3717474493-1142633861-1873577345-1000\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\filter\show_gpu

The values are the same in both:
show_active_tasks=0
Checked: show_gpu=1
Unchecked: show_gpu=0

I then checked the other PC (1.49) that is working correctly and the values in both \filter are different:
There is no show_gpu and there are the following that are not in the first PC:
download
ready to report
ready to start
suspend
upload
waiting

show_active_tasks is the same in both machines.

Bill P

fred

I have put it on my high priority list to see if I can find anything in the code.

PS.

If there is no key the default value is used in this case 1

fred

What do you see in the use column? (Tasks tab)

There should be something like: 0,xxxC + 1NV         
You can copy one line with BoincTasks (right mouse key) and post it.

Next go the BoincTasks settings->Tasks and remove the check from: "Condense Use column" and post the Use value in Tasks.

wplachy

I have always unchecked the "Use" column in the Task settings. I toggled it on and I see:

Use Column = Selected; Condense Use column = checked
GPU Task:
0.5C + 0.5ATI

CPU Task:
Nothing, empty

-------------------------------------------------------

Use Column = Selected; Condense Use column = unchecked
GPU Task:
0.5 CPUs + 0.5 ATI GPUs   

CPU Task:
Nothing, empty

--------------------------------------------------------
After selecting the Use column I tried toggling the Show GPU Task, no change, shows GPU task when unchecked, does not when selected.  If it helps the sequence of events on this PC were:

Was running WCG only
Installed BoincTasks and unchecked Tasks Use column.
Added Einstein@home

Then started toggling Show GPU when I realized GPU tasks were not being displayed.

Bill P

fred

Quote from: wplachy on September 18, 2013, 02:47:37 AM
I have always unchecked the "Use" column in the Task settings. I toggled it on and I see:
I tested everything, but found no problem.
Used your resource string and it worked without any problems.

So for now I stop searching, but keep it in mind, maybe someday someone else reports something similar.

wplachy

OK and thank you for taking the time to look at it! I can manage everythine fine with the very minor problem of reversed settings. I think I'll uninstall, delete all the registery settings and re-install and see if that does anything.

Again, thanks, this is a first class product that I depend on! Great work!!

Bill P

szopler

This problem still occurs. I removed key BoincTasks form windows register and for a while it was OK, but after any change in preferences it back.
Last good version is 1.49.

fred

Quote from: szopler on January 19, 2015, 05:50:34 PM
This problem still occurs. I removed key BoincTasks form windows register and for a while it was OK, but after any change in preferences it back.
Last good version is 1.49.
OK noted, on my to do list

szopler

Probably I found the bug!

Please check: BoincTask Settings/Tab: Tasks/Maximum update time
If I set it to 5 - I can see only GPU tasks, 10 - no tasks, 15 - all tasks, 20 - only CPU tasks and so on...

fred

Resolved in the upcoming V 1.71.
For the mean time what should work :

4, 8, 12 work fine but NOT 5.

A workaround for the moment:
Convert it to a binary, the 2 lower bits should always be 0.