I can't add another client, I feel stupid.

Started by wertperch, February 17, 2016, 04:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wertperch

I'm trying to connect to a Windows Vista machine, and whether I run the toolbox or try to add the remote machine manually, I have no success. In the Toolbox at the client end, all the ticks that should be there are fine, excepting the RPC value, which tells me "RPC access restricted to computers in the host file". At the other end, "Find Computer" shows the remote machine, but the selection box is greyed out.

Attempting to add the machine manually similarly fails to connect.

I'm frustrated by this, and would love some guidance, as I feel I'm missing something obvious. As far as I can tell, the firewall at the remote PC is set correctly.

I seem to be forever cursed by anything BOINC, as I've also forever failed to get the VirtualBox to ever run! Thanks in advance for reading, and for your advice.

fred

Quote from: wertperch on February 17, 2016, 04:12:38 PM
I'm trying to connect to a Windows Vista machine, and whether I run the toolbox or try to add the remote machine manually, I have no success. In the Toolbox at the client end, all the ticks that should be there are fine, excepting the RPC value, which tells me "RPC access restricted to computers in the host file". At the other end, "Find Computer" shows the remote machine, but the selection box is greyed out.
Read this hhttp://www.efmer.com/b/?q=boinctasks_manual_net
And give me a screenshot of Find Computers like this: