Cant connect to localhost

Started by geoff.andreychuk, September 29, 2016, 02:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff.andreychuk

I am having trouble trying to connecting to my machines with BoincTasks, I have 3 machines (2 desktops and a laptop), I have installed tasks on 2 of the machines (1 desktop and 1 laptop) the other desktop I have only installed the toolbox to help allow remote access.

I am successfully able to connect to the other machines through BoincTasks, my laptop can see both my desktops, and my one desktop can see the other desktop and my laptop.

Where I am having problems is connecting to the localhost in BoincTasks and get stuck with just having the status say password

geoff.andreychuk

I dont know if others had this problem, but I mannaged to find a work-a-round by copying the password that I had for my laptop on my desktop and vice-versa. 

fred

Quote from: geoff.andreychuk on September 29, 2016, 02:43:57 AM
I dont know if others had this problem, but I mannaged to find a work-a-round by copying the password that I had for my laptop on my desktop and vice-versa.
In that case BoincTasks is not allowed access to the BOINC folder and is unable to read the password file.
Take a look at the BoincTasks log file Show->Log Look for the line  localhost get local password: