Group tasks all the time

Started by hucker, April 01, 2017, 03:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

I often get two groups of the same (queued unstarted) tasks, they don't all group as one.  For example I currently see a group of 81 SETI tasks and a group of 18 SETI tasks.  Both groups are identical when contracted: 0.133C + 1 AMD GPU.  When expanded they both contain different names (blc12_2bit_guppi etc) within the group, so that can't be why they split into 2 groups, I'm not sure what causes it.

fred

Quote from: hucker on April 01, 2017, 03:28:54 PM
I often get two groups of the same (queued unstarted) tasks, they don't all group as one.  For example I currently see a group of 81 SETI tasks and a group of 18 SETI tasks.  Both groups are identical when contracted: 0.133C + 1 AMD GPU.  When expanded they both contain different names (blc12_2bit_guppi etc) within the group, so that can't be why they split into 2 groups, I'm not sure what causes it.
Grouping should be done on CPU and GPU Tasks.
Can you give me properties of  a random task, so one from both groups, to see what is different.

hucker

It refuses to copy the properties as text to paste in here, but that made me find the difference.  The groups have different application names (I have that column hidden).  "8.00 SETI@home v8" and "8.05 SETI@home v8".  I'd prefer anything using the same chips (GPU, CPU, 2 cores of CPU, etc) and the same project to get grouped together, but I guess that's a matter of opinion.