BOINCTasks reports task status different from BOINCManager

Started by keithhenry, September 05, 2017, 12:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithhenry

I've seen this quite frequently with BOINCTasks. On the Tasks page, the Status column can show either "Running" or "Running High P." When I go to BOINCManager on that machine, it shows "Running" when BOINCTasks is showing "Running High P." I think if you change your WU cache size in the BOINC profile for that machine, it can cause BOINCTasks to change the status for a task from running to running high p or vice versa. I would not expect there to be any difference.

fred

Quote from: keithhenry on September 05, 2017, 12:57:30 AM
I've seen this quite frequently with BOINCTasks. On the Tasks page, the Status column can show either "Running" or "Running High P." When I go to BOINCManager on that machine, it shows "Running" when BOINCTasks is showing "Running High P." I think if you change your WU cache size in the BOINC profile for that machine, it can cause BOINCTasks to change the status for a task from running to running high p or vice versa. I would not expect there to be any difference.
Just checked it on my machine, I did have one high priority task running.
When I pause that task and resume the BOINC client immediately restarts that task.
That indicates it handles it as high priority, because it never resumes a task by aborting another, unless it's a high priority task.
So my guess; the manager doesn't show it even if it is high p.