Post 1/6/2018 server updates Received and Deadline missing on BT

Started by yoro42, January 06, 2018, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoro42

After noticing the lack of received and deadline details on the BT Task display   I checked Boinc Mgr properties and found the info.

fred

Quote from: yoro42 on January 06, 2018, 08:55:19 PM
After noticing the lack of received and deadline details on the BT Task display   I checked Boinc Mgr properties and found the info.
Go to the Tasks bar and right click on the title bar.
Go to BoincTasks settings -> Tasks.
Next select the columns you want to see and select "Apply".
If that doesn't help remove the check and select "Apply" next check and select "Apply" in other words toggle, just in case something is wrong with the registry

yoro42

The problem of Received and Deadline columns that are selected are displayed without data was not corrected by toggling. After checking other PCs I found that this PC is the only PC that has the problem. A day or two before I noticed this problem I did drag each column forward 5 column positions.
Worst case, I figure I'll need to reinstall BT and if that doesn't work a delete install...
However, I'll wait to hear from you before I do any thing,  in case you would prefer a different attack or wish any data from my PC.

fred

Quote from: yoro42 on January 09, 2018, 06:59:37 AM
After checking other PCs I found that this PC is the only PC that has the problem. A day or two before I noticed this problem I did drag each column forward 5 column positions.
Try this:
Exit BoincTasks.
Next search regedit and run it.
Go here: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\column
Now remove everything with tasks (like task_column, task, task_status)
Now restart BoincTasks.

yoro42

Removed everything that started with tasks (like task*) and restarted BoincTasks and added Deadline & Received columns.Both columns remain empty.  However when I check "Deadline Show remaining time"  the Deadline column is populated accordingly.

yoro42

The Uninstall & Install procedure worked. Both columns are fully populated.
Thank you Fred. 

fred

Quote from: yoro42 on January 17, 2018, 05:42:48 PM
The Uninstall & Install procedure worked. Both columns are fully populated.
Thank you Fred.
Great that you got thinks working again.
Looks like the registry entries got corrupted.