notification when all running tasks have been suspended to checkpoint

Started by Thinkfast, October 31, 2018, 11:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thinkfast

Fred,

Thanks for all your hard work and devotion to helping Science!

Suggest you add a notification (popup / sound) when all running tasks which have been Suspended at Checkpoint, reach the checkpoint.
Many times when I need to update BOINC or BoincTasks or reboot my PC, I set running tasks to Suspend at Checkpoint and wait until they are suspended. I the mean time, I do something else and if I don't know the task is finally suspended then idle CPU time goes to waste. Most projects are not an issue, but Mapping Cancer Markers and the Microbiome Immunity projects could take an hour to reach a checkpoint on my PC.

Thanks in advance, Thinkfast

fred

Quote from: Thinkfast on October 31, 2018, 11:26:33 PM
Suggest you add a notification (popup / sound) when all running tasks which have been Suspended at Checkpoint, reach the checkpoint.
Didn't get an alert on this post.
I will check,but think a rule on the status might do the trick, to get an popup as soon as a task suspends.

Thinkfast

I was looking at the settings after I submitted this and I was thinking the same thing (Rules). I will check it out next time I try this.
Thx.

fred

Quote from: Thinkfast on November 07, 2018, 11:54:39 PM
I was looking at the settings after I submitted this and I was thinking the same thing (Rules). I will check it out next time I try this.
Thx.
Probably status 2,1