What is the "updating" on the Tasks View

Started by archeye, July 07, 2019, 08:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archeye

I just wonder what this does? It is continuously updating all the time I have the window open and can see the messages.

If it is part of the logging then fine.

If it is looking for new tasks then maybe it could first check if any projects are enabled for new tasks before running.

My way of working is to download WUs for the projects I choose then set back to "no new tasks".

All my projects will be set to "no new tasks" for most of the time.

It does not worry me but I am thinking maybe resources are being used unnecessarily.

Thanks

fred

Quote from: archeye on July 07, 2019, 08:44:06 AM

I just wonder what this does? It is continuously updating all the time I have the window open and can see the messages.
Updating = reading data from the Boinc client.
It does use resources but only if BoincTasks is visible otherwise it shuts down.
You can adjust the frequency in Extra -> BoincTasks settings.

It's best to close/hide BoincTasks when not in use.

archeye

Thanks Fred for the information.

I will now keep the BoincTasks window closed and minimised in the right side of the taskbar.

I did look in Extra -> BoincTasks settings but could not see a control for this. Checked all the tabs.

Although, I guess adjusting this is not important as now the main window will be closed almost all the time.

Cheers :)

fred

Quote from: archeye on July 08, 2019, 07:01:45 AM
I did look in Extra -> BoincTasks settings but could not see a control for this. Checked all the tabs.
View tab -> Refresh rate the default is normal.
But it's almost useless to change the setting if you keep BoincTasks minimized of closed most of the time.