Project Preferences and Recieving GPU Tasks not for my GPU

Started by archeye, July 13, 2019, 08:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archeye

Hi,

I had all GPU options ticked on the Collatz Project preferences and the CPU option was unchecked.

I found that my PC correctly received Nvidia GPU tasks "0.998C + 1NV" (only).

On my Laptop I receive AMD GPU tasks "0.971 + 1 AMD/ATI GPU" (correct) and Intel GPU tasks "0.829C + 1INT" (not correct).

Now I have unchecked the Intel GPU tasks option in project preferences so I should not receive the Intel tasks in the future.

I have adjusted some settings in BoincTasks App and also in the Boinc Manager App and put this in the questions thread as I am not sure if I created this situation by adjusting settings or if it may be a bug in the Boinc Manager or BoincTasks App.

One additional piece of info is when on my laptop an Intel GPU task runs as a solo GPU task then the BoincTasks temperature value is permanently ?? and the TThrottle on-screen temperature bar only shows CPU temps.

If it runs together with an AMD GPU task then both GPU tasks have the same GPU temp value and TThrottle on-screen temp bar shows both CPU and GPU temps.

If it helps then from the Computer tab here is my laptop info,

Regards.

fred

Quote from: archeye on July 13, 2019, 08:39:36 AM
I had all GPU options ticked on the Collatz Project preferences and the CPU option was unchecked.
This is a project BOINC client thing.
What you might be able to do is set a venue (in the project website setting) so that certain computers are handled differently on the project side.
Next add the computers to a specific venue, like work or home.

archeye

QuoteWhat you might be able to do is set a venue (in the project website setting) so that certain computers are handled differently on the project side.
Next add the computers to a specific venue, like work or home.

Thanks for the pointer I have all set generic atm.

I was considering say my PC with Home profile and choose a different one for my laptop.

I guess this just moved up my todo list ;)