kbps should be kBps on transfers

Started by hucker, January 09, 2020, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

Boinc Client correctly reports download speed of files as kBps (kilobytes per second)
But Boinctasks (I have the latest Beta, version 1.80) reports it as kbps (which would be kilobits per second).

fred

Quote from: hucker on January 09, 2020, 01:26:27 PM
But Boinctasks (I have the latest Beta, version 1.80) reports it as kbps (which would be kilobits per second).
On the todo list, in transmission rates bps is more common.

hucker

Quote from: fred on January 10, 2020, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: hucker on January 09, 2020, 01:26:27 PM
On the todo list, in transmission rates bps is more common.

I don't mind which is shown, but the B or b makes a difference :-)
I can tell from the speed I'm getting that it's kbytes not kbits.

fred

hucker

Quote from: fred on September 09, 2020, 10:56:29 AM
Fixed in 1.81

Has 1.81 been released somewhere?  I have 1.80, and clicking on update says there isn't one.  Your website has 1.78 or 1.80 beta available, but no 1.81.

fred

Quote from: hucker on September 12, 2020, 07:13:19 PM
Has 1.81 been released somewhere?  I have 1.80, and clicking on update says there isn't one.  Your website has 1.78 or 1.80 beta available, but no 1.81.
I was about to, but then my computer crashed with a boot failure, so I'm busy getting things working again.

hucker

Quote from: fred on September 13, 2020, 09:46:34 AM
Quote from: hucker on September 12, 2020, 07:13:19 PM
I was about to, but then my computer crashed with a boot failure, so I'm busy getting things working again.

Downloaded and installed, thanks.  But the setup program is a bit fragile.  I got a memory error twice, then it told me it had installed but hadn't done so (still said version 1.80), so I had to try it a few times.  Eventually it got there (one caused Boinctasks to crash).  The memory error is below, the crash log doesn't seem to exist, although since the dialog box telling me where to look disappeared after 5 seconds, I may have gone to the wrong place.

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 299.
Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

fred

Quote from: hucker on September 13, 2020, 06:11:51 PM
Do a search for the line above. It may be system related.
Keep me informed if you get another crash.

hucker

Quote from: fred on September 14, 2020, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: hucker on September 13, 2020, 06:11:51 PM
Do a search for the line above. It may be system related.
Keep me informed if you get another crash.

That was on my best and perfectly reliable machine.  It's never produced any errors at all in the 2 years I've had it (from new).   It only screwed up trying to do the update.   And it seemed to be trying to install it about 3 times at once (not sure what caused that), which would explain the error.