BT 0.33

Started by Pepo, December 18, 2009, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

When 2 single-threaded apps are running on my computer, the Tasks' "CPU %" column show they use around 93% of CPU. I suppose it means of a real/virtual core.

When a 2-thread multithreaded Aqua is running, the "CPU %" column shows it uses 100% of CPU. I suppose the CPU usage was calculated at around 170-180% and was clipped to 100%.

Fred or we should agree on whether, in such case, the column should display some 89% (of the whole CPU in the computer) or 178% (of one typical core). I'd prefer and heartly recommend making it user-selectable ::) because I know each one prefers the other way :D
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 18, 2009, 12:23:49 PM
When 2 single-threaded apps are running on my computer, the Tasks' "CPU %" column show they use around 93% of CPU. I suppose it means of a real/virtual core.

When a 2-thread multithreaded Aqua is running, the "CPU %" column shows it uses 100% of CPU. I suppose the CPU usage was calculated at around 170-180% and was clipped to 100%.

Fred or we should agree on whether, in such case, the column should display some 89% (of the whole CPU in the computer) or 178% (of one typical core). I'd prefer and heartly recommend making it user-selectable ::) because I know each one prefers the other way :D
All values are per core. I want to keep this so for now, because if you have a 4-8 core cpu these values become harder to comprehend.
The values are a bit dependent on what the project executable report in. Older BOINC versions always report 100%.
And indeed the value is max 100%, but on a multi threaded application... it should be 200% or more. A bug report, use the actual CPU's used. If e.g. 2 C use max of 200%.

And I deleted the double entry in BT 0.32

Corsair

the program is really improving and improving.

still I had the problem that when I quit and start again then program that if
I had left sorting as 2 columns only when restarted it appears again sorting
with 3 columns.

for the next 3 month I'll be at sea, so I think I could not do so much about,
but "I'll come back"

merry Xmas and happy new year to all of you.  ;D ;)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Pepo

After selecting finished tasks and firing Project Update, I've notices that for projects having multiple tasks finished, the same number of update requested by user messages appeared in the message list.

I know that the client will finally discard redundant requests and launch just one update, but I think that (to be a bit more efficient) already the BT should limit this redundancy.

(Imagine that Corsair could have many thousands of finished tiny tasks from some xyz@home on his remote network's hosts, he will not be cautious (to select just one task) and will send many thousands update requests over his overpriced oversee GPRS or satellite connection ;) )
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 22, 2009, 03:19:35 PM
After selecting finished tasks and firing Project Update, I've notices that for projects having multiple tasks finished, the same number of update requested by user messages appeared in the message list.

I know that the client will finally discard redundant requests and launch just one update, but I think that (to be a bit more efficient) already the BT should limit this redundancy.

(Imagine that Corsair could have many thousands of finished tiny tasks from some xyz@home on his remote network's hosts, he will not be cautious (to select just one task) and will send many thousands update requests over his overpriced oversee GPRS or satellite connection ;) )
Ok I counted too much on you not doing something ... like that.
I make a check, it's in my list.

Pepo

Well.... I promise taking a couple of days rest during holidays :D
Peter