Multicore projects show CPU % oddly

Started by dkarl, February 26, 2010, 05:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkarl

First, I must say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this excellent manager - I've been waiting a long time for a replacement for BOINCView, and BoincTasks is certainly coming along nicely.

Little bug - it looks like projects that have multi-core programs are getting the cpu time reported in a goofy way.  For example, AQUA@Home has work units that use 2.00C - and on these units, the reported CPU % is > 100%;  I would assume because it's the sum of all the cores.  This in itself is ok - I kinda expect it to look like that, although I suppose the argument could be made that if we know it's x cores then the % should be /x to keep it under 100... but I'm find with the high percentage.

The bug is that the coloring of the progress bar doesn't draw properly - it extends to the LEFT of the bar, and overlays the text in the columns before the CPU% one.  I'm trying to post screenshots...

And if you resize the column to be shorter, the drawn bar resizes appropriately, too.

This is with version 0.41, I haven't put .42 on yet but didn't see anything about this in the changelog, so I'd guess it works the same way.

fred

I will attach to the Aqua project and will do some additional testing.
The bar should not go beyond 100% otherwise the bar gets out of range.
Should be simple to solve for the next release.
Thanks for the imput