News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Bug or error ?

Started by coolstream, April 11, 2010, 05:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

I'm not sure if I have found a bug in 0.47 or if I have something misconfigured:

In my farm, I have two machines with pretty similar names, e.g. ROBOT and ROBOTii

I display data from all machines in Combined Tasks mode and I notice that if I click the Tasks or History tabs and then highlight any of the machines in the sidebar, I can see the results for that machine in the main window. However, if I click the Messages tab and select ROBOTii, the main window shows data for ROBOT instead.

Is this a bug or if not, is there some way I can give more diagnostic information?

fred

Quote from: coolstream on April 11, 2010, 05:27:25 PM
I'm not sure if I have found a bug in 0.47 or if I have something misconfigured:

In my farm, I have two machines with pretty similar names, e.g. ROBOT and ROBOTii

I display data from all machines in Combined Tasks mode and I notice that if I click the Tasks or History tabs and then highlight any of the machines in the sidebar, I can see the results for that machine in the main window. However, if I click the Messages tab and select ROBOTii, the main window shows data for ROBOT instead.

Is this a bug or if not, is there some way I can give more diagnostic information?
Bug...

When you select all computers in the sidebar and select the computer in the message tab, using the right mouse key (context menu), everything works fine.
But when you select a computer with the sidebar you alway get ROBOT.
Found the problem, corrected in the next version 0.49.

coolstream

Thanks for the prompt answer and debug.

Glad to have helped in a small way and looking forward to testing the fix when it's released ;)

fred

Quote from: coolstream on April 12, 2010, 11:57:42 PM
Thanks for the prompt answer and debug.

Glad to have helped in a small way and looking forward to testing the fix when it's released ;)
It is released in V 0.49, but this version gives an occasional crash on some computers, so better wait for V 0.50.

coolstream

OK Thanks for the heads up!

I have done further testing of .47 and have discovered that if attempting to set preferences for ROBOTii using | Extra | BOINC preference | , I am only able to access preferences for ROBOT.

I mention this in case this aspect of the bug has not been previously reported.  ::)

coolstream

Just to thank Fred again for the fast response and fix to these issues.

As stated in the ammended title, the problem is fixed in beta .50.

I have noted one further problem with this issue and have reported it in the beta reporting section.