BT 0.52

Started by glennaxl, April 27, 2010, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennaxl

Quote(Changed) Removed (obsolete) computer icons from the toolbar computer.
I think its best to rename this to toolbar stats but it doesn't seem right because its a single item; better move it to toolbar operation.

I don't know if its by design or what not but "about boinctask" should be modal window. It doesn't look good when you change (view) application - that window stays on top.

Taskbar (notification icon), When you right click it shows up the context menu but stays shown even when click other windows - meaning I have to pick any item in order for the context menu to be hidden again.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on April 27, 2010, 09:43:10 PM
Quote(Changed) Removed (obsolete) computer icons from the toolbar computer.
1 I think its best to rename this to toolbar stats but it doesn't seem right because its a single item; better move it to toolbar operation.

2 I don't know if its by design or what not but "about boinctask" should be modal window. It doesn't look good when you change (view) application - that window stays on top.

3 Taskbar (notification icon), When you right click it shows up the context menu but stays shown even when click other windows - meaning I have to pick any item in order for the context menu to be hidden again.
1 It's a bit empty now. But I plan some more things there... So I wait renaming it yet.
2 By design, otherwise it doesn't always show. You have to hide it by pressing OK.
3 Is in the bug list. For some reason it doesn't hide. ???

glennaxl

Nice animated BOINC icon if one client is not connected. Nice work!

jjwhalen

In previous versions, the highlighted row(s) were distinguished by white text against the blue background, while all other rows had black text.  Apparently as a consequence of adding the new "View" tab including a text font color definition, a highlighted row now has the same font color as all other rows.  It would be helpful if you could exclude the highlighted row(s) from the text font color definition, and keep it white-on-blue--it stands out better ;)

jjwhalen

Quote(Add) Transfers: project backoff.

I can confirm that the Project Backoff message in Transfers (English version) is displaying correctly, at least at my house :)

Quote(Fixed) Projects: Shift + click is not working properly.

Also on the Projects tab, Shift+click is working bottom-up as well as top-down 8)

Corsair

tonight had some strange crash, the OS has shown the windows of "BoincTasks has ... and has to close - do you want to send report", I've sent the report but don't know why it has done this crash.

is there any way to know it and send it to you??

that's what I could get, not so much, but could be usefull:

QuoteAplicación con errores: boinctasks.exe, versión: 0.5.2.0, módulo con error: boinctasks.exe, versión 0.5.2.0, dirección de error 0x00066ed7.

Para obtener más información, vea el Centro de ayuda y soporte técnico en http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Corsair

something that I've seen in Enigma, probably in another projects too,
but in this one is more evident.

if you're using optimized applications of Enigma, I don't know why that
they are jumping while crunching for different % but not in a uniform way
(BoincView, Boinc Manager, Boinc Tasks so is not a bug of the "Managers"
it's a bug of the applications itself), I mean you start at 0% but immediately
goes to 3x.x % and after to 9x.x % and down to 5x.x % an up or down again.

o.k. now when goes up to 99.x % (usually sometimes during the process of
one units) in that moment BOINCTasks just shows the time between brackets
and not the total one, it's like application had finished crunching the unit, after
the applications jumps to a lower value (any between 0 and 99.9 %) again both
times are displayed correctly.
??? ??? ??? ;)

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on April 28, 2010, 04:01:27 AM
In previous versions, the highlighted row(s) were distinguished by white text against the blue background, while all other rows had black text.  Apparently as a consequence of adding the new "View" tab including a text font color definition, a highlighted row now has the same font color as all other rows.  It would be helpful if you could exclude the highlighted row(s) from the text font color definition, and keep it white-on-blue--it stands out better ;)
I will include a font and background color for selected.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on April 28, 2010, 09:10:14 AM
tonight had some strange crash, the OS has shown the windows of "BoincTasks has ... and has to close - do you want to send report", I've sent the report but don't know why it has done this crash.

QuoteAplicación con errores: boinctasks.exe, versión: 0.5.2.0, módulo con error: boinctasks.exe, versión 0.5.2.0, dirección de error 0x00066ed7.

Para obtener más información, vea el Centro de ayuda y soporte técnico en http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Please read this:
http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=338.0

fred

Quote from: Corsair on April 28, 2010, 12:43:20 PM
something that I've seen in Enigma, probably in another projects too,
but in this one is more evident.

if you're using optimized applications of Enigma, I don't know why that
they are jumping while crunching for different % but not in a uniform way
(BoincView, Boinc Manager, Boinc Tasks so is not a bug of the "Managers"
it's a bug of the applications itself), I mean you start at 0% but immediately
goes to 3x.x % and after to 9x.x % and down to 5x.x % an up or down again.

o.k. now when goes up to 99.x % (usually sometimes during the process of
one units) in that moment BOINCTasks just shows the time between brackets
and not the total one, it's like application had finished crunching the unit, after
the applications jumps to a lower value (any between 0 and 99.9 %) again both
times are displayed correctly.
??? ??? ??? ;)

Best to report this on the Enigma forum, probably a bug.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on April 28, 2010, 08:32:33 PM

Please read this:

sent another crash, probably the same to your pm.

Corsair.

archae86

tonight had some strange crash, the OS has shown the windows of "BoincTasks has ... and has to close - do you want to send report"
Please read this:
I have a recurring bad behavior for which I'd like to attempt a useful report.  Roughly once every day or two, it appears that BoincTasks on my host goes to a state in which it is no longer updating.  When it is in this state, right-clicking on the Task Tray icon and selecting "Exit" from the resulting popup menu does no in fact terminate BoincTasks (or at least not in the time I've chose to wait--up to a minute or two, whereas in normal operation it terminates in response to this action much more quickly).

I confess that while I'm responding to a BT 0.52 thread, I have not yet upgraded past 0.51, but I've observed this behavior on all versions I have run so far.

Is there any information I can collect in the undesired state which would make this report useful?  In particular, should I attempt to follow the procedures specified in the link you give above?   (Remember, the ap does not actually "crash" on its own,  I hard kill it using Process Explorer). 

My BT host runs Windows XP Pro SP3 on a Q6600 Core2 Quad CPU.  I'm upgrading to BT 0.52 now, so will soon be able to report if the behavior I'm discussing seems to persist.

fred

Quote from: archae86 on April 29, 2010, 04:16:24 PM
tonight had some strange crash, the OS has shown the windows of "BoincTasks has ... and has to close - do you want to send report"
Please read this:
I have a recurring bad behavior for which I'd like to attempt a useful report.  Roughly once every day or two, it appears that BoincTasks on my host goes to a state in which it is no longer updating.  When it is in this state, right-clicking on the Task Tray icon and selecting "Exit" from the resulting popup menu does no in fact terminate BoincTasks (or at least not in the time I've chose to wait--up to a minute or two, whereas in normal operation it terminates in response to this action much more quickly).

I confess that while I'm responding to a BT 0.52 thread, I have not yet upgraded past 0.51, but I've observed this behavior on all versions I have run so far.

Is there any information I can collect in the undesired state which would make this report useful?  In particular, should I attempt to follow the procedures specified in the link you give above?   (Remember, the ap does not actually "crash" on its own,  I hard kill it using Process Explorer). 

My BT host runs Windows XP Pro SP3 on a Q6600 Core2 Quad CPU.  I'm upgrading to BT 0.52 now, so will soon be able to report if the behavior I'm discussing seems to persist.
As soon as this happens.
Make sure the task view is visible.
Disable TThrottle communication in the setup dialog.
Go to help -> show log.
Click on the log dialog and type in magic  In the bottom of the dialog it should show "full debug" and keep it there for a minute or 2 and copy everything in the log and send it to me.

Corsair

for the situation above mentioned, it use to happens to me too about saying
close to BT and wait and wait and not closed, only killed by process explorer too.

but this use to happens to me when I have one client that is not connected at that
moment, if all Host are connected, immediately I click exit, the program exited.

in the same situation when one (or more) client is nor connected, the refreshing of
the other computers is quite sluggish and really painful slow, and same if all computers
in tree connected the update is on time always.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on April 29, 2010, 10:09:15 PM
for the situation above mentioned, it use to happens to me too about saying
close to BT and wait and wait and not closed, only killed by process explorer too.

but this use to happens to me when I have one client that is not connected at that
moment, if all Host are connected, immediately I click exit, the program exited.

in the same situation when one (or more) client is nor connected, the refreshing of
the other computers is quite sluggish and really painful slow, and same if all computers
in tree connected the update is on time always.
I will change this behavior.
Limit the number of retries and lock this computer out.
A refresh command is than needed to try to reconnect to this computer.