BT 0.64

Started by Corsair, July 09, 2010, 01:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

I've seen that when BOINCtasks crashes, tries to write a .dmp file, after searching for
then I found it (in version x32 & x64) and all of then were of size 0, and empty of content,
looks like that the name of then was correct.

another thing in previous versions,  I haven't check in this one.

I have two computers running BT, laptop with x32 version and fixed one with x64 version,
monitoring the same computers total of 5.
when there is some kind of crash, one computer because of power failure, etc. (laptop uses
not to fail because of the battery, e.g. in power failure) and computer and after BT is restarted
(mainly x64 version in fixed, or has not been the case of restarting the laptop for the same of
not being attached to the power line alone) BT shows all computers as connected and all workunits
correctly except laptop that is running BT with no stop is showed as connected but the tasks in the
restarted could not be shown, if I close BT in the restarted computer and started again BT, all
computers and tasks are shown perfectly.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on July 09, 2010, 01:48:43 PM
I've seen that when BOINCtasks crashes, tries to write a .dmp file, after searching for
then I found it (in version x32 & x64) and all of then were of size 0, and empty of content,
looks like that the name of then was correct.

another thing in previous versions,  I haven't check in this one.

I have two computers running BT, laptop with x32 version and fixed one with x64 version,
monitoring the same computers total of 5.
when there is some kind of crash, one computer because of power failure, etc. (laptop uses
not to fail because of the battery, e.g. in power failure) and computer and after BT is restarted
(mainly x64 version in fixed, or has not been the case of restarting the laptop for the same of
not being attached to the power line alone) BT shows all computers as connected and all workunits
correctly except laptop that is running BT with no stop is showed as connected but the tasks in the
restarted could not be shown, if I close BT in the restarted computer and started again BT, all
computers and tasks are shown perfectly.
The crash dump file should be here: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash or here F:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash
Does any of of the computers have a dynamic IP address? That could change after rebooting.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on July 09, 2010, 02:26:21 PM
The crash dump file should be here: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash or here F:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash
Does any of of the computers have a dynamic IP address? That could change after rebooting.

about the dump file is in a personalised path inside Bointasks, expert tab: C:\Trabajo\BoincTasks inside Crash directory and the files are named properly, but with 0 bytes and nothing inside both versions since some days ago in x86 and this morning I've noticed in x64.

about dynamic IP, only one, but is not ticked in the computer tab as use to be not connected, all connected ones are with fixed IP.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.