BT 0.68

Started by Pepo, August 06, 2010, 02:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Checkpoint column is wonderful (except that is is displaying wildly varying numbers, depending on the varying CPU load and speed, instead of simple pure CPU time difference :(), but paused tasks' checkpointing times are hidden, although they can often be non-zero, even very big. (You know this can often happen automatically, when a task is preempted without a checkpoint because some other have to be started with higher priority.)

IIRC BOINC considers some CPU time difference between maybe 10 seconds as if a task has "just checkpointed". Maybe if a paused task's checkpointing difference is above some small threshold, it should be displayed too.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 06, 2010, 02:00:36 PM
Checkpoint column is wonderful (except that is is displaying wildly varying numbers, depending on the varying CPU load and speed, instead of simple pure CPU time difference :(), but paused tasks' checkpointing times are hidden, although they can often be non-zero, even very big. (You know this can often happen automatically, when a task is preempted without a checkpoint because some other have to be started with higher priority.)

IIRC BOINC considers some CPU time difference between maybe 10 seconds as if a task has "just checkpointed". Maybe if a paused task's checkpointing difference is above some small threshold, it should be displayed too.
Please set the ratio to long term for a while to see if that is any better.
The problem is that the CPU time used, isn't the wall clock time. A a GPU at 10% gives 3 seconds, that are actually about 30 seconds.
And a throttled tasks has these problems as well.
A wallclock time would have been a better choice.

glennaxl

Tasks: Queue'd WU has Elapsed time of 0:00:00

Is this the intended result? It made me panic for while on why it made the WUs 0:00:00 but then saw the heading its the Elapsed Time. I prefer nothing though  ;)

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on August 06, 2010, 07:16:52 PM
Tasks: Queue'd WU has Elapsed time of 0:00:00

Is this the intended result? It made me panic for while on why it made the WUs 0:00:00 but then saw the heading its the Elapsed Time. I prefer nothing though  ;)
Hmm, I changed something for the checkpoint, to get 00:00, but that means it's everywhere. ;D
That's why I put in the - . a bit less confusing.