log file enhancement

Started by Tim Norton, August 18, 2010, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Norton

Fred

would it be possible to write to the log file which wu's got rescheduled and what parameters were changed and why etc

and do this when the reschedule is committed i.e. we press run

this would give (if the file was structured correctly) an option to reverse the changes back if necessary

also could a new tab be added to list the wu to be modified and why or why not - i think this would be useful feed back

and if we had the option to exclude a file as well this would be good etc

Thanks

T
Thanks

Tim

fred

Quote from: Tim Norton on August 18, 2010, 05:11:08 PM
Fred

would it be possible to write to the log file which wu's got rescheduled and what parameters were changed and why etc

and do this when the reschedule is committed i.e. we press run

this would give (if the file was structured correctly) an option to reverse the changes back if necessary

also could a new tab be added to list the wu to be modified and why or why not - i think this would be useful feed back

and if we had the option to exclude a file as well this would be good etc

Thanks

T
The logging is a good idea, scheduling back is a bit too much work for me at this time.
You could run in simulation mode and see what's happening. Everything works like the real thing except the replacing of the client_state file.
The rest is beyond what I want to do. Still too much work on other projects.

Tim Norton

Fred

sorry i am happy to work out how to roll back just need the info to do it and see what is happening

was not asking for you to add the roll back in  ;D
Thanks

Tim

fred

Quote from: Tim Norton on August 18, 2010, 06:00:36 PM
Fred

sorry i am happy to work out how to roll back just need the info to do it and see what is happening
was not asking for you to add the roll back in  ;D
Added a log flag in V 2.0.
And this was a good check to see that the ratio correction was done the wrong way. ???

Tim Norton

:o  :)

ah that would possible explain why i was struggling to understand some of the calcs and effects!

Great looking forward to V2

T
Thanks

Tim

fred

Quote from: Tim Norton on August 20, 2010, 06:22:17 AM
:o  :)

ah that would possible explain why i was struggling to understand some of the calcs and effects!

Great looking forward to V2

T
To be sure it's ready for download.