News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Manual update?

Started by benDan, November 08, 2010, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benDan

Can the manual get updated?
There is nothing in there about rules.

from FAQ:
if gpu temperature < 58 email reset 68
When the gpu temperature goes above 68 degrees the rule becomes active. If the gpu temperature goes below 58 degrees an E-Mail is send.

This seems counter to my understanding of the rules grammer but nothing in the manual to explain.
--
Dan benDan

fred

Quote from: benDan on November 08, 2010, 05:45:48 PM
Can the manual get updated?
There is nothing in there about rules.

from FAQ:
if gpu temperature < 58 email reset 68
When the gpu temperature goes above 68 degrees the rule becomes active. If the gpu temperature goes below 58 degrees an E-Mail is send.

This seems counter to my understanding of the rules grammer but nothing in the manual to explain.
The FAQ is an addition to the manual.....  The syntax is always the same. The reset isn't used in the rule maker, but it's still there but has a default value.
The rule mentioned in the FAQ looks strange. But the rule is intended to become active when a GPU isn't working properly.
When it's not working it gets cold an an warning is send.
For the rule to become active the reset value must be reached. It has to become hot enough. After that any drop below the set value will trigger the rule.

benDan

I have the following rule:
if cpu temperature > 55 throttle reset 50

I expect this to start throtteling at 56 and keep it up until the temp goes down to 50.
Is this correct?
--
Dan benDan

fred

Quote from: benDan on November 08, 2010, 08:04:13 PM
I have the following rule:
if cpu temperature > 55 throttle reset 50

I expect this to start throtteling at 56 and keep it up until the temp goes down to 50.
Is this correct?
The rules becomes active when the temp hits 50C.
After that the throttling starts every time the temps get over 55C.
You can see when it's active in the Rules tab. The rule turns red.

Clarification: Programs tab, temp set at 45C , rule set at  > 55 reset 50.
When the 45C is reached all BOINC tasks are throttled.
At 56C the general throttle takes over and throttles everything. This shouldn't happen on a regular basis. It's a last resort only!
When the temp goes below 50C the general throttle is released and the normal throttle should take over.
A difference of at least 10C is advisable.