BT 0.92

Started by Pepo, December 06, 2010, 11:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Task properties window can display multiple tasks simultaneously. But when I'm displaying UK Met Office FAMOUS 6.11 from CPDN Beta and UK Met Office FAMOUS 6.11 from climateprediction.net, I'm not that sure, which is which... :) But I think that even when displaying just a single task, for the sake of completeness, also the Project name could be displayed.

Quote from: fred on December 05, 2010, 03:04:49 PMChanged: The detach/reset project dialog added columns.
In these dialogs, a list of selected projects is displayed, but both terminate the list with a <QuestionAbort> question from Abort task dialog: "Do you want to abort the tasks above?", possibly instead of the <QuestionDetach> and <QuestionReset> questions.

This question would be meaningful, if the dialog would also contain a list of tasks to-be-lost (which could be a goodie, at least if the user does not have some thousands of tasks cached ;D, maybe to show at least the number of them and list the already started and unreported tasks?).

And, neither of the three mentioned dialogs display its name in their title bar - is this possible to master, so that it would describe the operation to-be-done with the list of projects?
Peter

fred

Tasks properties add the project name is on the list.
The detach/reset project show the wrong ? text, is on the list.

jjwhalen

Notices...again.

In this version with the Notices tab active, clicking a computer in the computer list causes a new tab to open in the default browser and its notices to display there instead of on the BT Notices tab.  Clicking each computer calls a new browser tab.  Behavior is the same regardless of which browser (Firefox/IE/Chrome) is assigned as default.  OS is Win7.

This feature worked correctly in v 0.91.1 after the template was updated.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on December 07, 2010, 07:42:10 PM
Notices...again.

In this version with the Notices tab active, clicking a computer in the computer list causes a new tab to open in the default browser and its notices to display there instead of on the BT Notices tab.  Clicking each computer calls a new browser tab.  Behavior is the same regardless of which browser (Firefox/IE/Chrome) is assigned as default.  OS is Win7.

This feature worked correctly in v 0.91.1 after the template was updated.
Strange I don't think I made any changes there.
Anyone else with these problems.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 08, 2010, 07:39:20 AM
Quote from: jjwhalen on December 07, 2010, 07:42:10 PM
Strange I don't think I made any changes there.
Anyone else with these problems.
For a couple of days long, I'm trying to find out, what is triggering the event that opens notices.html in the default browser. I'd consider the feature useful if I knew how to use it ;D
It just sometimes opens... (Win7 + IE) Maybe I've missed it in some newslog...

Notices...again.
Since the morning, both BOINC Manager and notices.html were showing a note about S@H's donation site problems. But BT was not. I did click around, possibly everywhere (except restarting), but it took me few hours to display the news...

And one Notices wish:

• Notices (as all news) have no sense if none will notice them. What about adding their count (of the new ones, which arrived since the last switch to the tab)

• to the tray icon's tooltip, like "CompName, Running: 5, New notices: 2",
    • to the "Notices (2)" tab title, like the way like BOINC Manager displays it.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2010, 01:44:02 PM

For a couple of days long, I'm trying to find out, what is triggering the event that opens notices.html in the default browser. I'd consider the feature useful if I knew how to use it ;D
It just sometimes opens... (Win7 + IE) Maybe I've missed it in some newslog...

Notices...again.
Since the morning, both BOINC Manager and notices.html were showing a note about S@H's donation site problems. But BT was not. I did click around, possibly everywhere (except restarting), but it took me few hours to display the news...

And one Notices wish:

• Notices (as all news) have no sense if none will notice them. What about adding their count (of the new ones, which arrived since the last switch to the tab)

Opening the page in the browse is on the bug list and already fixed. I only load the file the first time, the next time BT updates the html file and sends a refresh of the page.

Why the Notices where not updated? I add all the dates of the messages and check if the sum of the dates change, should be OK.
When you select all computers the localhost is used. I don't know how often BOINC gets an update, probably when it connects to the project server.

I don't think the number like Notices (2) is that interesting, it shows (2) every day, even on the same messages.

Pepo

Yesterday (California local time, actually it could be some 5 hours ago) S@H created another notice ("SETI@home is back online"). BOINC Manager reported it to me, so I've read it there...

Then I've opened BT, switched to Notices, it triggered opening notices.html in the default browser (the page already contained the news -> BT was already aware of it), but I had to use the IE's context menu's Refresh entry to successfully redraw the Notices tab page. If this refresh could be triggered by BT automatically upon switching to the Notices tab...
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 08, 2010, 03:33:56 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2010, 01:44:02 PM
And one Notices wish:

I don't think the number like Notices (2) is that interesting, it shows (2) every day, even on the same messages.
In BOINC Manager, something like "Notices (2)" shows up only until I open the Notices tab, the (2) then immediately disappears for a few days, until some new notice arrives.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 09:57:08 AM
In BOINC Manager, something like "Notices (2)" shows up only until I open the Notices tab, the (2) then immediately disappears for a few days, until some new notice arrives.
I will add that in the next version.
Will also add an option to set the time. Like show notices arrived the last 14 days.