News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

TThrottle over SSH Tunnel?

Started by FreeBore, December 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeBore

Using BoincTasks to remotely monitor a Windows 7 64-bit system over an SSH Tunnel.  By specifying the local port to forward (localhost:15001 --> 192.168.1.212:31416) in BoincTask "Computer" Tab,  I can connect and access tasks projects etc just fine.  TThrottle integration however does not appear to work.  Is Tthrottle communicating on the same port as used by BoincTask or another port that needs to be forwarded?

I have confirmed TThrottle works fine when connecting between 2 systems in the same subnet without an SSH tunnel.

fred

Quote from: FreeBore on December 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM
Using BoincTasks to remotely monitor a Windows 7 64-bit system over an SSH Tunnel.  By specifying the local port to forward (localhost:15001 --> 192.168.1.212:31416) in BoincTask "Computer" Tab,  I can connect and access tasks projects etc just fine.  TThrottle integration however does not appear to work.  Is Tthrottle communicating on the same port as used by BoincTask or another port that needs to be forwarded?

I have confirmed TThrottle works fine when connecting between 2 systems in the same subnet without an SSH tunnel.
TThrottle uses BOINC port + 1 = BOINC 31416 TThrottle 31417 or BOINC 30001 TThrottle 30002.

FreeBore

Thanks for the port information.

I created additional Port Forwarding for localhost:15002-->192.168.1.212:31417 and confirmed TThrottle64.exe is listening on port 31417. 

Using Sysinternals TCPView, I see boinctasks64.exe making attempts to reach localhost:15002 every minute or so.  The connection closes very quicky in a FIN_WAIT2 state.  From Google, FIN_WAIT2 is a state when the server closes the socket on its side but does not receive an acknowledgement of the close from the client. 

Any one see what I am doing wrong here?

fred

Quote from: FreeBore on December 29, 2010, 06:40:05 PM
Any one see what I am doing wrong here?
Here: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log there should be a file called log.xml.
Try setting       <tthrottle_communication>   1   </tthrottle_communication>
You have to restart BoincTasks after you made any changes.
Best select only the troubled computer in the Computers view, otherwise you may get too much info.
Show ->  Show log and check "Enable debug mode"

FreeBore

Thanks for the debugging info, it put me on the right path.  All computers are reporting temperatures over the ssh tunnel now!! ;D 

With logging on, I removed then readded the computers I wanted to monitor.  I suspect the key was having the BoincTask and TThrottle ports already forwarding before adding the systems to BoincTasks Computers Tab.  Thanks for all your help, much appreciated, donation inbound.