News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

CPU usage

Started by Soulmech, July 07, 2009, 06:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulmech

Over the duration of an hour to an hour and a half, TThrottle requires around 10-15 minutes of CPU time. Keep in mind that the system temperature has not gotten high enough for TThrottle to take action.

I have it set to monitor BOINC along with Folding@Home. I am on an x64 Vista laptop, and I have set the GPU throttle to Laptop. Aside from that, everything is normal. It had not always consumed this much CPU before. Is there some way I can lower the amount of CPU used by TThrottle? I have just sent in a log email, and I can copy and paste the log window on here.

efmer

Quote from: Soulmech on July 07, 2009, 06:34:30 PM
Over the duration of an hour to an hour and a half, TThrottle requires around 10-15 minutes of CPU time. Keep in mind that the system temperature has not gotten high enough for TThrottle to take action.

I have it set to monitor BOINC along with Folding@Home. I am on an x64 Vista laptop, and I have set the GPU throttle to Laptop. Aside from that, everything is normal. It had not always consumed this much CPU before. Is there some way I can lower the amount of CPU used by TThrottle? I have just sent in a log email, and I can copy and paste the log window on here.
By 10-15 you mean % of minutes? And how do you measure this.
When the temperature is below the set temperature, the use CPU in the programs tab should be at 100%.
In that case TThrottle is essentially idle, doing almost nothing.
In the taskmanager this should be around 0% and sometimes 1% for a very short time.
When I use TThrottle on my computers 1% is the most I see when Active.
The GPU throttle is also on 100%? Because I see no GPU tasks running...

I got your log

Another thing I see is that you have a lot of programs 24 active in memory. Most of them are probably doing nothing but they take extra CPU time when the throttle is active. You may want to remove the BOINC check keep in memory.
Are you sure you don't have the throttle activated in Rules, because that takes some more CPU time. But that is for short emergency use only.

Soulmech

I'm just checking the amount of CPU run time in minutes through task manager. I'm not doing any real calculations aside from that.

I haven't used the Rules tab at all.

I hadn't taken into account the number of programs running. I have recently attached to FreeHAL and told it to run 25 concurrent WUs, which it does.