Task waiting on GPU memory

Started by Pepo, January 26, 2011, 06:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

My Einstein task was sitting idle and refusing to start. Each time after restarting the client, it launched for a second and terminated with error ("[task] task called temporary_exit(300.000000)").

Later in the BOINC Manager I've noticed its state "Waiting to run (Waiting on GPU memory)". Also in the task properties dialog.

BT is displaying just the innocent "Waiting to run" part. Could it be possible to display also the second part, also both in the Tasks and task's properties?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 26, 2011, 06:09:25 PM
My Einstein task was sitting idle and refusing to start. Each time after restarting the client, it launched for a second and terminated with error ("[task] task called temporary_exit(300.000000)").

Later in the BOINC Manager I've noticed its state "Waiting to run (Waiting on GPU memory)". Also in the task properties dialog.

BT is displaying just the innocent "Waiting to run" part. Could it be possible to display also the second part, also both in the Tasks and task's properties?
Ok it's on the list.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 26, 2011, 06:09:25 PM
Is there any way of testing this.

fred

Fixed in V 1.13.

Shows the general memory message:    <Memory>      Waiting for memory   </>