Moving average and CPU usage on graph

Started by Karl, August 24, 2009, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl

When I view the scalable graphic window, my CPU temperature goes kind of up 1c down 1c up 1c down 1c and the graph is like this: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Would it be possible to add a moving average to the temperature for each core, with the choice of a moving average over 1 minute / 5 minutes / 10 minutes for example? Because this would smooth out the graph and show the general 'trend' of the temperature.
Also, I can display the throttle percentage on the graph, but would it be possible to display the actual CPU usage on the graph for each core? Also a moving average for CPU usage?

fred

Quote from: Karl on August 24, 2009, 10:50:49 AM
When I view the scalable graphic window, my CPU temperature goes kind of up 1c down 1c up 1c down 1c and the graph is like this: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Would it be possible to add a moving average to the temperature for each core, with the choice of a moving average over 1 minute / 5 minutes / 10 minutes for example?
Also, I can display the throttle percentage on the graph, but would it be possible to display the actual CPU usage on the graph for each core? Also a moving average for CPU usage.
The temperature is averaged out over a relative short period of time,  because you need to see the actual temperature.
Most processors don't do /\/\/\ in a short period of time, but over 5-10 seconds.
And mostly the core temperature is only 1C accurate at best.
Going to a long term average would give you a more smooth graph but actually gives you less info.

Giving the cpu usage per core would be way to intense for TThrottle it uses way too much processor time.
Programs like taskmanager can do that.