average completed WUs in a running 7 day period column.

Started by JeffL-NH, August 15, 2011, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on August 15, 2011, 08:19:38 PM
Could this be added?
Did you see the average line in the Tasks Graph? You need to select one computer to see it.
This is a good indicator how much work you get.

JeffL-NH

Quote from: fred on August 16, 2011, 06:54:47 AM
Could this be added?
Did you see the average line in the Tasks Graph? You need to select one computer to see it.
This is a good indicator how much work you get.

Hmmm...ok. It's not what I was thinking of, but I can use it. I was hoping for a more numerical display, but I don't want to add to your plate if it's not necessary. :-)

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on August 16, 2011, 06:45:37 PM
Hmmm...ok. It's not what I was thinking of, but I can use it. I was hoping for a more numerical display, but I don't want to add to your plate if it's not necessary. :-)
I could make a numerical output in the same graph, like tasks/day tasks/week.

fred

Pepo

I believe the BT tasks graph is showing the number of downloaded tasks (with a few hours granularity - I've forgot the value) - if during one interval a few tasks came in, spike up, if during some time interval no task came in, flatline at zero.
The average line position suggests BT is averaging

(the number of tasks, which came in at each interval) [over a number of intervals]

the number of intervals

Thus if my project (nearly) regularly delivers (at most) 2 tasks 6 times a day and the interval seems to be 1 hour, the average "line" is oscillating somewhere between 0.4-0.5, (I suppose) whereas JeffL-NH would possibly expect to see it oscillating around 11-12? (using maybe interval = 1 day and period = 7 days)
(the number of tasks, which came in at each 1 day) [over 7 days]

7 days

With the option not counting all incoming tasks, but all (correctly? or without noticed error?) completed tasks.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 17, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
I believe the BT tasks graph is showing the number of downloaded tasks (with a few hours granularity - I've forgot the value) - if during one interval a few tasks came in, spike up, if during some time interval no task came in, flatline at zero.
The tasks shown are all with a time left in it, so completed and errored out tasks are not in it.
Sampling is done in a one hour window, so every block is one hour.

The thin line is the 1 day average line. There are possible hundreds of different settings possible. ;D
I'm personally only interested in a short period.
You can choose from [][] that shows the bar or uncheck it an get the lines.
So I could make an option, oeps  :o another one, to show the average line only, that's more interesting for most users.
Furthermore... I could make the average interval optional in hours, like 24, 168. But you need 2 weeks data to get the 1 week average.

In the project tab I will add 2 columns 1 = tasks a day, 2 =  tasks a week.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on August 17, 2011, 04:28:16 PM
Furthermore... I could make the average interval optional in hours, like 24, 168. But you need 2 weeks data to get the 1 week average.
I would personally be glad for any options, because I have a low volume task flow on my machines - like 0.5 - 3.5 days per task. Thus at least the base interval being a (one or more) day(s) instead of one hour would be nice. Currently all my averages (except for WUProp and (the brain-damaged) FreeHAL) are off course flatlined at zero and thus useless.
Peter

fred

Could this be added?
Added in Beta 1.17