BT 1.20

Started by coolstream, September 03, 2011, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Pepo on September 13, 2011, 01:55:25 PM
(The same (rounding instead of clipping) would be true if using decimal numbers instead of an integer.)
I will add some digits.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on September 08, 2011, 09:03:37 AM
Quote from: coolstream on September 07, 2011, 04:24:32 PM
I have noticed that if one of my connected machines is rebooted, BT seems to be unable to connect to it once that machine restarts. In the computer selection sidebar there is no icon to show that BT has lost connection to the machine.

If I close BT and reopen it, the other machine is automatically detected again.
I'm often in a similar situation. I've been usually solving this by "editing" the remote host's network name to the same value, BT was closing connections and reopening them afterwards. Or tried to click around in the sidebar computer selector. Maybe I was just hitting the reconnection timeout at the same point, thinking that my clicks did it? No, I'm usually doing manual modifications a couple of minutes later.
Checked again. After stopping the local client, I do see a STOP sign to the left of the computer, on the comp select sidebar. However, an automatic reconnect does not happen, even many minutes after starting the client again.

(On the Expert tab, the timeout is set to 120 seconds, Reconnect usually to 710 seconds ( I have 3 machines defined). For this test, I've set the Reconnect to 171 seconds, bot it did not help at all.)
In one case, after trying to touch the Timeout value and modifying it to 71 seconds, BT immediately reconnected to local client.
In second case, no reconnect happened. The Computers tab lists the localhost client as "Connection lost, TThrottle=5.10". Finally a new connection happened after maybe a 12 minutes delay (= approx. 710 seconds? Is the delay fixed at BT startup?).
Peter

Pepo

• When (repeatedly) trying to trigger displaying the <ClientNotStartedBT> dialog ("The BOINC client wasn't started by BoincTasks and is still running"), I've (always) succeeded to terminate my client (launched by BOINC Manager) without any warning. Should this have happened?
  • After pressing the <GroupDialogGraphic>'s "Expanded selection box" checkbox, the corresponding dialog is just being closed (and the new setting is remembered). Could the modified dialog be also immediately re-launched?
  • While the bottom-most notice is completely visible, collapsing any visible notice causes the whole list to be scrolled at its beginning. If something (a few notices, or at least a tiny part of the bottom-most notice) is placed below the bottom of the pane, after collapsing any visible notice the list remains scrolled, as it was before. (This already happens since the Notices tab has been introduced.) Could the scrolling up be somehow cancelled?
  • Could both "Tasks a week" and "Tasks a day" columns be right-aligned?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on September 23, 2011, 01:33:23 PM

1)
    • After pressing the <GroupDialogGraphic>'s "Expanded selection box" checkbox, the corresponding dialog is just being closed (and the new setting is remembered). Could the modified dialog be also immediately re-launched?
    2)
    • While the bottom-most notice is completely visible, collapsing any visible notice causes the whole list to be scrolled at its beginning. If something (a few notices, or at least a tiny part of the bottom-most notice) is placed below the bottom of the pane, after collapsing any visible notice the list remains scrolled, as it was before. (This already happens since the Notices tab has been introduced.) Could the scrolling up be somehow cancelled?
    • Could both "Tasks a week" and "Tasks a day" columns be right-aligned?
1) It needs time for Windows to process the internal messages. Basically the same dialog is reused, with another template, it takes take to close everything down and restart it.
2) This is a browser thing. BT simply creates a new page and issues a redraw command. What seems to be happening is that the browser redraws and later on goes back to original position.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on September 23, 2011, 01:31:42 PM
Checked again. After stopping the local client, I do see a STOP sign to the left of the computer, on the comp select sidebar. However, an automatic reconnect does not happen, even many minutes after starting the client again.
Please activate connection logging: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples\log

<log>
   <options>
      <connecting>         1   </connecting>
   </options>
</log>

And see what is logged.