BT 1.20

Started by coolstream, September 03, 2011, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

QuoteChanged: Added sum to icon message, like 2,4,3,6 =15.
Thanks for the bug fix. Much more user-friendly now  ;D

fred

Quote from: coolstream on September 03, 2011, 12:54:47 PM
Thanks for the bug fix. Much more user-friendly now  ;D
I personally like the Computer gadget more. You can let it pop up when you go over the icon.

coolstream

It's a bit of a half-way house, I think. If I need the kind of info it shows, I think it is easier to go 'all the way' and open BT itself and make any required changes. I find it useful to just rest mouse over the icon and be reassured that all machines are up and running.

The fix to show the total amount of machines reporting to BT is clean and easy to be seen. When I want to micromanage, I can open the main program.

e.g. I just finished building a new machine yesterday and set it to process BOINC. The popup message kept showing me that the machine wasn't connecting to BT which was enough to prompt me to go check and realise that I hadn't changed from the default Power Management setting to 'always on and running'.

With this fix, I don't even have to work out if a machine is down. The 'total' shows me this immediately!

idahofisherman

I don't know if this is suppose to work this way or not, but everytime I switch from one tab to the task tab,  the update time gets reset to the maximum that I have set in the preferences.  I would think that the update time should continue not get reset to the stipulated update time.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on September 05, 2011, 01:49:25 AM
I don't know if this is suppose to work this way or not, but everytime I switch from one tab to the task tab,  the update time gets reset to the maximum that I have set in the preferences.  I would think that the update time should continue not get reset to the stipulated update time.
It should refresh at once. Only the history doesn't because of the greater overhead.
On my computer it refreshes at once.
What tabs are you switching from and to.

idahofisherman

it happens when I switch from Projects to Tasks, transfers to tasks, Notices to tasks, and History to tasks.

I see what you are saying the data is updated immediately on a tab switch, and the timer is reset to the max time.  I didnt notice the data being updated before.   

Thanks for the explanation.

thebestjaspreet

I have set up a rule so that any task 80% complete should continue and there is a colour change for that.It is working fine in tasks tab of Btasks but in gadget it is not updating the change in colour.
"I always win law permanently"

coolstream

I have noticed that if one of my connected machines is rebooted, BT seems to be unable to connect to it once that machine restarts. In the computer selection sidebar there is no icon to show that BT has lost connection to the machine.

If I close BT and reopen it, the other machine is automatically detected again.

NOTE: I don't know if it makes a difference, but before I reboot a machine, I always suspend running tasks after they reach checkpoint. By the reboot stage, all tasks (including 'Ready to start' tasks on that machine are all in 'Suspended' mode

fred

Quote from: coolstream on September 07, 2011, 04:24:32 PM
NOTE: I don't know if it makes a difference, but before I reboot a machine, I always suspend running tasks after they reach checkpoint. By the reboot stage, all tasks (including 'Ready to start' tasks on that machine are all in 'Suspended' mode
I still have no idea why. On my own machines I can disconnect, reboot, reset the router, works fine.

Suspending doesn't help much with the connection, the BOINC client is probably stopped at a random point. It may be in the middle of a call, or the connection doesn't see it's terminated.

I will put this on my test list.

fred

Quote from: thebestjaspreet on September 06, 2011, 12:28:54 AM
I have set up a rule so that any task 80% complete should continue and there is a colour change for that.It is working fine in tasks tab of Btasks but in gadget it is not updating the change in colour.
The gadget only show some basic things, too much overhead for continues running.
If you want to see more you have to show the main window. A hot key is the fast way.
The rule could set a warning if it's important.

Beyond

> Add: History color for missed.

Would it be possible to have one color for missed CPU tasks and another for missed GPU tasks?

Pepo

Quote from: fred on September 07, 2011, 05:24:53 PM
Quote from: coolstream on September 07, 2011, 04:24:32 PM
I have noticed that if one of my connected machines is rebooted, BT seems to be unable to connect to it once that machine restarts. In the computer selection sidebar there is no icon to show that BT has lost connection to the machine.

If I close BT and reopen it, the other machine is automatically detected again.
I still have no idea why. On my own machines I can disconnect, reboot, reset the router, works fine.
I'm often in a similar situation. I've been usually solving this by "editing" the remote host's network name to the same value, BT was closing connections and reopening them afterwards. Or tried to click around in the sidebar computer selector. Maybe I was just hitting the reconnection timeout at the same point, thinking that my clicks did it? No, I'm usually doing manual modifications a couple of minutes later.
Peter

Pepo

Even nearly more than a day after installing and running TTh 5.10 (the Computers tab confirms it too), the Notices tab still displays a "Notice from Tthrottle, this_computer: This version: 4.30, New beta found: 5.10. Download ....."
(Both timestamps were updated to 02:03 this night, i.e. some 9 hours ago, and IIRC, yesterday (prior to the update) they were displaying some older time. Not sure anymore about the timestamps just after the update.)
Peter

TeeVeeEss

Debug startup-lines:
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57 Logging ---- Start debug mode
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57 Logging ---- fileonly
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57 BoincTasks version: 1.20
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57 Language ---- User: 1043 (NLD), System: 1043 (NLD), Selected: 0 () Used: 1043 (NLD)
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57 Start BOINC client ---- The BOINC client was already running
10 september 2011 - 21:44:57 ERROR: CryptAcquireContext ---- Error 80090016
Don't know if the error is important. Win7 64-bits, BOINC 6.12.34. BT completes startup and is (as it looks) fully functional.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 03:56:26 PM
Quote from: fred on August 19, 2011, 03:27:13 PM
Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 03:24:12 PM
3) It approximately is. But I do not understand at all, what do the columns try to tell me ??? That the number of tasks flowing through the majority of my projects is the same (26 daily)? And what does "235/33 a week" mean?
3) Day = total number of tasks you got in the the last 24 hours.
4) Week = same but in a week the second number is week/7 ;D.
3) The Tasks Graph displays 13 single-height-spikes and 6 double-spikes for the 1 day, which sums up to 25 - maybe after moving the borders of the first and last spike interval it might match the (now already) 27/day.
It also displays 108 1-spikes + 43 2-spikes for a 7 day interval, which sums up to 194 - does not compare as nicely to 237/33.

But still, if these numbers would exactly match, why does each project display the same overall sums for the whole client? I'd rather expect the columns filled with something like 1 + 11/1.5 for Einstein, 6 + 40/5.7 for FreeHAL, 0 + 4/0.5 for MilkyWay, 1 + 7/1.0 for QCN, 2 + 10/1.4 for Rosetta, 1 + 34/4.8 for SETI, etc. (including the (optional?) one decimal number, for low-tasks-volumers like me ;)) - i.e. each project his/her own counts.
I've noticed the Tasks a day/week columns being fixed. Fine.

If not using one decimal place (tenths) for the second number (week/7) in "Tasks a week" column, it could be at least rounded (up/down) instead of clipped - my projects with 4 or 5 (or even 6) tasks (plus multiples of 7) still show 0 in the week average (whereas 6 / 7 = 0.857 is much more 1 than 0). (Similar for 13 / 7 => 2;  20 / 7 => 3;  etc.)

(The same (rounding instead of clipping) would be true if using decimal numbers instead of an integer.)
Peter