News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Moving target temperature line

Started by Pepo, October 13, 2011, 07:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

The addition of dynamic target temperature reminded me on my older wish and e-mail discussion with Fred - let's try to revive it. A bit longer, but still possible to follow.

Quote from: Pepo date=01.10.2009 17:42
I'm adding a wish: the red line in graph symbolizes the target temperature, I can see whether the real temperature(s) do match it. At a later point (overnight, hot day) I may wish to change the target temperature, but it will be moved in the graph as one line. The historical value gets lost and the temperatures from past suddenly do not match.

Could the target temperature values be also stored and displayed the same way as the measured temperatures are, instead of moving one line over the whole graph?

Quote from: Fred date=01.10.2009 18:20
You have to convince me... The temperatures do not change when you set another max. The temperature difference between what TThrottle reads and a case temperature reading may change.

Quote from: Pepo date=02.10.2009 10:02
OK, Fred, then you have possibly misunderstood. It was actually not about temperature values, but just the straight target temp line.

My computer was running overnight with target temperature set to 79ºC (the straight red line):

and TTh was able to keep both CPUs (orange+yellow graphs) at around the same temperature.

After logging me in, I'd like to lower the fan speed (it actually rotates much faster and disturbs at temperatures over 81ºC, but just imagine I'm talking about 85ºC overnight and 69ºC while I'm working).

Therefore I've set the target temperature to 75ºC (the straight red line moved down a bit):

After a while the temperature stabilized, both CPU cores match the target temperature. But it seems that (after a hour or two, I've forgot about, or...) some time ago the temperatures were not matching the target. WTF?  ;)

This could be solved if the target temperature (my straight red line) would be also "dotted" according to the actual value at these previous points in time. (So it would not appear as one straight line, but possibly a set of lines, as the user moves the target over time.)

You can consider it being just a cosmetic issue. Thus the "wish".
Fred actually never responded, IIRC  :(

Now TTh is capable of moving the target temperature even automatically, according to its settings and user's (in)activity. It would be nice if the target temperatures' lines (yes, on an advanced computer, we have much more targets now) would signalize it at a later time.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 13, 2011, 07:28:05 PM
Now TTh is capable of moving the target temperature even automatically, according to its settings and user's (in)activity. It would be nice if the target temperatures' lines (yes, on an advanced computer, we have much more targets now) would signalize it at a later time.
I will store the actual target temperatures.

Pepo

Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 14, 2011, 09:04:39 AM
:) Let's see the 5.40.
The changes will be mayor, so watch out for crashes.