Manually retry connection to remote computer

Started by hucker, December 07, 2011, 11:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

When trying to get a remote computer to talk to my main one, I have to wait to see if BoincTasks gets the connection or not, and I'm never sure how long to wait!  Some way of telling it to retry immediately would be helpful.

fred

Quote from: hucker on December 07, 2011, 11:53:04 PM
When trying to get a remote computer to talk to my main one, I have to wait to see if BoincTasks gets the connection or not, and I'm never sure how long to wait!  Some way of telling it to retry immediately would be helpful.
Simply click on the disconnected computer on the computer sidebar.

Pepo

Quote from: hucker on December 07, 2011, 11:53:04 PM
Some way of telling it to retry immediately would be helpful.
In this case (actually, each time) I'll click on the remote computer's network name (on Computers tab, IP Address column) as if to edit it and immediately press enter after making no change. BT then immediately goes into the connection cycle.

I'll try the sidebar the next time, but I suspect it never did the trick for me. (My reconnect timeout is around 10 minutes.)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2011, 01:47:31 PM
In this case (actually, each time) I'll click on the remote computer's network name (on Computers tab, IP Address column) as if to edit it and immediately press enter after making no change. BT then immediately goes into the connection cycle.

I'll try the sidebar the next time, but I suspect it never did the trick for me. (My reconnect timeout is around 10 minutes.)
That's the hard way and not recommended, clicking on the sidebar is the way it's designed to work.

If you have the connection logging active, you should see: 08 december 2011 - 14:50:07 Connect ---- Forced reconnect request to: Host: in the logging.

hucker

Cool thanks!  I'd forgotten about the computer sidebar as I switched it off ages ago thinking I wouldn't need it.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 08, 2011, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2011, 01:47:31 PM

That's the hard way and not recommended, clicking on the sidebar is the way it's designed to work.

If you have the connection logging active, you should see: 08 december 2011 - 14:50:07 Connect ---- Forced reconnect request to: Host: in the logging.
Tried the sidebar and it connected :D
Just to remember the correct steps to do ;D
Peter