BT-1.30 new bugs?

Started by Tex1954, February 15, 2012, 10:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex1954

Howdy again!

I have two problems at least.

1) No matter the settings, I can't ever right-click on a project or task and get "Properties".  BT-1.25 the same problem. Deleted all keys I could and all user data and fresh install 1.30 fixed.

2) While uninstalling/reinstalling and going between 1.25/1.30, there is some register key eFMer/BoincTasks/thetechnopath.com that can't be delected or permissions changed under any method I've tried...

3) BT-1.30 After the system has run a long time, I select Messages Tab and the lines jump around a LOT like it can't figure out where to start or stop... seems to flicker between correct and 1 page back... eventually it stops. Note: Actually looks like it is swapping data between two different buffers or something like that.

Any help with those items much appreciated.

:)

fred

Quote from: Tex1954 on February 15, 2012, 10:11:59 PM
Howdy again!

I have two problems at least.

2) While uninstalling/reinstalling and going between 1.25/1.30, there is some register key eFMer/BoincTasks/thetechnopath.com that can't be delected or permissions changed under any method I've tried...

3) BT-1.30 After the system has run a long time, I select Messages Tab and the lines jump around a LOT like it can't figure out where to start or stop... seems to flicker between correct and 1 page back... eventually it stops. Note: Actually looks like it is swapping data between two different buffers or something like that.

Any help with those items much appreciated.

:)
2) This isn't a BoincTasks entry, so something else is putting it there.....
Try logging in as administrator or start in safe mode.

3) BoincTasks settings messages tab -> "Keep Messages" fill in something higher by a factor of at least 10. 50000 or 100000.
Otherwise when you select the messages tab it will delete all excess messages and that can sometimes take a while.

BobCat13

Quote from: Tex1954 on February 15, 2012, 10:11:59 PM
1) No matter the settings, I can't ever right-click on a project or task and get "Properties".  BT-1.25 the same problem.
My problem is a little different from Tex1954's on the properties dialog.  I can get the Properties dialogs to display, but on the Project Properties if a project has negative short/long debt, all I see is the - (minus) character but no numbers after it.

Running boinc client 6.12.43 on Windows XP, tried both BoincTasks 1.21 & 1.30.

Here is a screenshot of the Properties from both BT and BOINC Manager.  Project Properties

Tex1954

Quote from: fred on February 15, 2012, 10:39:34 PM
2) This isn't a BoincTasks entry, so something else is putting it there.....
Try logging in as administrator or start in safe mode.

3) BoincTasks settings messages tab -> "Keep Messages" fill in something higher by a factor of at least 10. 50000 or 100000.
Otherwise when you select the messages tab it will delete all excess messages and that can sometimes take a while.

Safe mode, Run as admin, can't get rid of it for some reason... so maybe something corrupted and new windows install will fix.

I'll give the messages thing a try and see if that helps!

Thanks!

8)