Control TThrottle core setting from BoincTasks?

Started by coolstream, September 02, 2012, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

I wonder how difficult it would be to allow TThrottle Core setting to be edited directly from BoinTasks. I appreciate that this would require a two way communication and don't even know if a remote communication could be run as an administrator.

Maybe this would be too much of a security risk at the remote end, but it would make sense to be able to change the setting especially if you saw that the remote machine was running hot.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on September 02, 2012, 11:58:17 AM
I wonder how difficult it would be to allow TThrottle Core setting to be edited directly from BoinTasks. I appreciate that this would require a two way communication and don't even know if a remote communication could be run as an administrator.

Maybe this would be too much of a security risk at the remote end, but it would make sense to be able to change the setting especially if you saw that the remote machine was running hot.
BoincTasks -> Show -> TThrottle and there you are.

BoincTasks -> General "TThrottle passsword" Set it on both ends. The whole data stream is strongly encrypted, a lot more secure than the barely encrypted BOINC data.

And no need to run anything as administrator.

coolstream

D'Oh. I feel so dumb for missing that!

Thanks for the prompt reply.