BT 1.17

Started by Pepo, August 19, 2011, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyond

Quote from: fred on August 22, 2011, 04:57:13 PM
Quote from: Beyond on August 22, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Also if I bring up the BT graph and the TT graph on the local machine and set them for instance at 5 minutes, they both match and show the temps properly with no gaps.  While I'm doing this the localhost temps are still phasing in and out in the BT Tasks window.  One machine is using BT 1.16 and the other BT 1.17.  Happens the same in both.
1) To get thing clear, are you missing parts of the graph, so no gaps on the localhost?
No missing parts, no gaps.
Quote2) The thing you see is that the Tasks window show the temperature intermittently. in other words show it, shows it not , shows it.
Exactly.  Show it not is more frequent than show it :)
Quote3) What is the refresh rate of the Tasks window.
Counter at bottom starts counting down at 7 seconds.  Maximum update time is set to 240 seconds.

Again this intermittent reading ONLY happens for the localhost in BT.  The reading on the little TT graphic strip always works.

coolstream

I don't know if this a bug or not, but here goes...

On each machine, I have two different types of WU, call them TypeA and TypeB, running and filter them so that in BT I can see

TypeA [9 Tasks], double click to expand
TypeB [6 Tasks], double click to expand

If I dbl-click on TypeA, the filter is removed and I now see 9 lines of info OK SO FAR
However, if I then dbl-click on TypeB line, instead of those tasks opening up to list the WUs in for that type, TypeA then goes back to being a filtered view. (My reason for wanting to do this is that I have found BT is now very good at helping me micromanage from time to time and sometimes I might want to suspend one particular WU type in order to process another which has a shorter deadline).

i.e. dbl-clicking on a different type of WU on the same machine is being treated as if I had dbl-clicked on the same type of WU.

My question is whether you intended BT dbl-clicking action was intended to do this or if it is a bug.

Beyond

Quote from: coolstream on August 23, 2011, 01:12:05 PM
i.e. dbl-clicking on a different type of WU on the same machine is being treated as if I had dbl-clicked on the same type of WU.
On one machine I have suspended several WUs of 3 different projects: Moo!, RNA and Yoyo.  Double clicking on one expands all 3.  Double clicking on any off the expanded WUs collapses them all, 3 projects worth.

Beyond

Here's a relatively less important visual anomaly:  if I put the "Toolbar graphic", "Toolbar selection" & "Selection bar" on the same line to save screen space, the button heights vary slightly which causes gaps at the bottom of some of the buttons.  It would be nice if they had the same number of pixels vertically.  Not a real big deal... :)

fred

Quote from: Beyond on August 23, 2011, 01:56:33 PM
Here's a relatively less important visual anomaly:  if I put the "Toolbar graphic", "Toolbar selection" & "Selection bar" on the same line to save screen space, the button heights vary slightly which causes gaps at the bottom of some of the buttons.  It would be nice if they had the same number of pixels vertically.  Not a real big deal... :)
I increased the height of the selector a bit, was slightly smaller.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on August 23, 2011, 02:28:17 PM
Oh oh, that fix took almost 32 minutes  ;D

fred

Quote from: Beyond on August 23, 2011, 03:34:28 PM
Quote from: fred on August 23, 2011, 02:28:17 PM
Oh oh, that fix took almost 32 minutes  ;D
Maybe, the problem is the height depends on a lot of things. If you set the font to 125% in Win 7, you get a higher selection bar.
It has to fit the larger font.
Selecting other fonts may cause similar problems and not to forget different OS.
So this is something, that may not be fixable.

coolstream

Quote from: Beyond on August 23, 2011, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: coolstream on August 23, 2011, 01:12:05 PM
On one machine I have suspended several WUs of 3 different projects: Moo!, RNA and Yoyo.  Double clicking on one expands all 3.  Double clicking on any off the expanded WUs collapses them all, 3 projects worth.
I am only processing one project but in that project there are different applications being run.

I have just checked and behaviour is the same in BT 1.18

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 24, 2011, 12:18:53 PM
I am only processing one project but in that project there are different applications being run.
But this happens only with suspended tasks?

Beyond

Quote from: fred on August 24, 2011, 12:35:22 PM
In my case it happens only with "suspended by user" tasks.  It does NOT happen with suspended projects.  Try suspending a number of tasks from different projects, then double click on one of them and watch what happens.

fred

Quote from: Beyond on August 24, 2011, 01:07:17 PM
In my case it happens only with "suspended by user" tasks.  It does NOT happen with suspended projects.  Try suspending a number of tasks from different projects, then double click on one of them and watch what happens.
On the bug list.

coolstream

Quote from: fred on August 24, 2011, 12:35:22 PM
NO. I am talking about WUs with 'Ready to start' status.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 25, 2011, 02:32:39 PM
NO. I am talking about WUs with 'Ready to start' status.
Hmm, I don't see that happen with my projects.
Do you have a specific project, not to obscure that I can try. Something I can reproduce.

coolstream

The only project I am running is World Community Grid. Presently I have started to work exclusively on only one type of task, but if you need me to, I could get one machine to process a second type and then I could send you a video screen capture.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 27, 2011, 12:49:11 PM
The only project I am running is World Community Grid. Presently I have started to work exclusively on only one type of task, but if you need me to, I could get one machine to process a second type and then I could send you a video screen capture.
That would be nice, that lets me setup the same projects.