BT 1.17

Started by Pepo, August 19, 2011, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

OK, I'll get onto it. FYI, the tasks are HCC and HFCC but I have also observed the same behaviour with beta WUs.

coolstream

OK, here is the video as promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5977JNNWmr8

I hope it helps.

fred

coolstream

Good  ;D

The reason I tried dual selection twice was to show that the outcome is the same no matter which permutation you try.

Micromanagement from a distance is still possible but could be made easier if all WU types could be opened without going through the process at least twice.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 28, 2011, 01:44:32 PM
The reason I tried dual selection twice was to show that the outcome is the same no matter which permutation you try.
What will be impossible is removing the filter for more than one group. Way too much overhead.
If you want to remove the filter for more than one, you have to remove the filter entirely.
What I will do, if you click on another group, is closing the other one and applying the filter to the new one.

coolstream

Quote from: fred on August 28, 2011, 01:52:27 PMWhat will be impossible is removing the filter for more than one group. Way too much overhead.
If you want to remove the filter for more than one, you have to remove the filter entirely.
What I will do, if you click on another group, is closing the other one and applying the filter to the new one.
I had a feeling you might say that and was going to say that this would mean having to go into | Extra | BoincTasks settings |  :(

As a compromise, I was about to suggest another option (suppplemental to double clicking a filtered view) to be able to right-click and make a filter/unfilter toggle, so I tried it and realised that that feature is already available. (I had forgotten about my recent discovery of it).

I realise that my question merits an *advanced* feature, but am glad that you had already anticipated it. Accordingly, a small donation has been sent!

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 29, 2011, 11:04:19 AM
I had a feeling you might say that and was going to say that this would mean having to go into | Extra | BoincTasks settings |  :(
What about right mouse key->Filter->Select the item.
Another thing that's simple, is add Ctrl double click, that releases all filters for a specific type, like Ready to start. For the selected computer only.

coolstream

Quote from: fred on August 29, 2011, 11:46:52 AMWhat about right mouse key->Filter->Select the item.
Yes. That is what I referring to when I said that I remembered about the quick access to filter settings.  ;)
QuoteAnother thing that's simple, is add Ctrl double click, that releases all filters for a specific type, like Ready to start. For the selected computer only.
I am uncertain how the outcome would differ from what I was requesting. but to clarify, when you say 'is add Ctrl double click' you are referring to a proposed update new feature?

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 29, 2011, 01:55:37 PM
I am uncertain how the outcome would differ from what I was requesting. but to clarify, when you say 'is add Ctrl double click' you are referring to a proposed update new feature?
That would be something new. It would do the same as removing the filter check, but only on the selected computer.

coolstream

OK, I understand now.

I guess the purpose of CTRL is to add a second filter to that specific machine's view. It is basically what I requested, isn't it? (because dbl-clicking on a filtered view only changes the view for that specific machine anyway).

I look forward to seeing and being able to test this.