BT 1.17

Started by Pepo, August 19, 2011, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Very good step to place Graphs' Computers and Projects selection side-by-side instead vertically! Saves a lot of (opposite) scrolling among projects. (Tasks Graphs might follow it.)
However, I'm still missing the meaning of "Expanded selection box".

I personally like the new "tube-skinned" stripes more than the former alternating ones - they were changing the underlying colors too much, differently for similar tasks. Now equally highlighted tasks also share the same color. (However they are possibly a bit too dark in the middle of rows.)

Tasks a day/week: the majority of my projects show 26/day + 235/33/week, others have 0 + 0/0. Mostly projects with no tasks on board show 0 + 0/0 and those with any tasks show 26 + 235/33, but it is not an absolute pattern, exceptionally CPDN beta with 1/0 tasks has 0+0/0.

GPU throttle graph in BT is again correct (BT 1.17 + TTh 4.30). (Maybe a longer time already, I've been using 4.20 until today.)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 12:25:45 PM
1) Very good step to place Graphs' Computers and Projects selection side-by-side instead vertically! Saves a lot of (opposite) scrolling among projects. (Tasks Graphs might follow it.)
However, I'm still missing the meaning of "Expanded selection box".

2)I personally like the new "tube-skinned" stripes more than the former alternating ones - they were changing the underlying colors too much, differently for similar tasks. Now equally highlighted tasks also share the same color. (However they are possibly a bit too dark in the middle of rows.)

3)Tasks a day/week: the majority of my projects show 26/day + 235/33/week, others have 0 + 0/0. Mostly projects with no tasks on board show 0 + 0/0 and those with any tasks show 26 + 235/33, but it is not an absolute pattern, exceptionally CPDN beta with 1/0 tasks has 0+0/0.

4) GPU throttle graph in BT is again correct (BT 1.17 + TTh 4.30). (Maybe a longer time already, I've been using 4.20 until today.)
1) The check box "Expanded" is to override the side by side. It's automatically selected, depending on the nr of computers/projects. E.g. with one computer you probably get the old one.
2) The color gradient depends on the color and is slightly different on a other monitor. (depends on the color resolution of the actual LCD, that may be less than 255 / color. The gradient is only 20 in the middle.
I switched off the alternating by default.
3) The number in day should be about the same as the second number in week.
4) The GPU throttle was fixed some time ago.

The venue is, surprise, also available in the latest BOINC release on some projects, with the later server software.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on August 19, 2011, 03:10:53 PM
Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 12:25:45 PM
1) Very good step to place Graphs' Computers and Projects selection side-by-side instead vertically! [...] However, I'm still missing the meaning of "Expanded selection box".

3)Tasks a day/week: the majority of my projects show 26/day + 235/33/week, others have 0 + 0/0. Mostly projects with no tasks on board show 0 + 0/0 and those with any tasks show 26 + 235/33, but it is not an absolute pattern, exceptionally CPDN beta with 1/0 tasks has 0+0/0.
1) The check box "Expanded" is to override the side by side. It's automatically selected, depending on the nr of computers/projects. E.g. with one computer you probably get the old one.

3) The number in day should be about the same as the second number in week.
1) I have here 3 computers defined. Mostly just 1 is connected (as is also now) with currently 29 projects. "Expanded" seems to have no effect in this configuration - stil 2 boxes side-by-side.

3) It approximately is. But I do not understand at all, what do the columns try to tell me ??? That the number of tasks flowing through the majority of my projects is the same (26 daily)? And what does "235/33 a week" mean?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 03:24:12 PM
1) I have here 3 computers defined. Mostly just 1 is connected (as is also now) with currently 29 projects. "Expanded" seems to have no effect in this configuration - stil 2 boxes side-by-side.

3) It approximately is. But I do not understand at all, what do the columns try to tell me ??? That the number of tasks flowing through the majority of my projects is the same (26 daily)? And what does "235/33 a week" mean?
1) Needs a BT restart.
3) Day = total number of tasks you got in the the last 24 hours.
4) Week = same but in a week the second number is week/7 ;D.

BobCat13

All of the % bars are completely filled in no matter what percentage is used.

Projects: Share %, Tasks: Progress % and CPU %, Transfers: Progress %

Here are 2 screenshots to compare in Tasks view:  one for v1.16 and one for v1.17

v1.16

v1.17

Pepo

Quote from: fred on August 19, 2011, 03:27:13 PM
Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 03:24:12 PM

1) Needs a BT restart.
3) Day = total number of tasks you got in the the last 24 hours.
4) Week = same but in a week the second number is week/7 ;D.
1) Got it. (Still, the Tasks Graphs might follow it, it is an useful option.)

3) The Tasks Graph displays 13 single-height-spikes and 6 double-spikes for the 1 day, which sums up to 25 - maybe after moving the borders of the first and last spike interval it might match the (now already) 27/day.
It also displays 108 1-spikes + 43 2-spikes for a 7 day interval, which sums up to 194 - does not compare as nicely to 237/33.

But still, if these numbers would exactly match, why does each project display the same overall sums for the whole client? I'd rather expect the columns filled with something like 1 + 11/1.5 for Einstein, 6 + 40/5.7 for FreeHAL, 0 + 4/0.5 for MilkyWay, 1 + 7/1.0 for QCN, 2 + 10/1.4 for Rosetta, 1 + 34/4.8 for SETI, etc. (including the (optional?) one decimal number, for low-tasks-volumers like me ;)) - i.e. each project his/her own counts.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: BobCat13 on August 19, 2011, 03:42:47 PM

No idea, works correctly for me (BT 1.17 + BOINC 6.12.34) also displays all bars fully filled. (I was blind I suppose.)
Peter

fred

Noted, probably a typo. :o

thebestjaspreet

Quote from: Pepo on August 19, 2011, 03:57:56 PM

No idea, works correctly for me (BT 1.17 + BOINC 6.12.34) also displays all bars fully filled. (I was blind I suppose.)
Yes I also noted that (BT 1.17 + BOINC 6.12.33) the progress /% bars are not progressive.
"I always win law permanently"

Corsair

me too, progress bar always filled (BT 1.17 + BOINC 6.12.33 + W7x64SP1) no matter what progress is done.

as you could understand it's not easy for me to see it as have to do a remote connection to computer at home, and with the marvellous speed that I've sometimes the screen / network refresh mades me some tricks ;-)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Corsair

I think as stated in some messages below, progress bar, CPU % and not checked another all then completely filled.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Beyond

With newer versions of BT (at least 1.16 & 1.17) TThrottle temps don't always show in BT (TT 4.30) .  They often phase in & out every few updates.  The missing temps happen for the local machine only. 

fred

Quote from: Beyond on August 21, 2011, 06:16:43 PM
With newer versions of BT (at least 1.16 & 1.17) TThrottle temps don't always show in BT (TT 4.30) .  They often phase in & out every few updates.  The missing temps happen for the local machine only.
Can you tell me more, show me a graph from BT an TThrottle for example.
You are missing parts or is it just taken longer.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on August 22, 2011, 06:49:42 AM
Quote from: Beyond on August 21, 2011, 06:16:43 PM
Can you tell me more, show me a graph from BT an TThrottle for example.   You are missing parts or is it just taken longer.
The graph in TT shows correctly on the localhost.  The TT temp window always shows fine on the localhost.  For some reason the temp and also sometimes the TT version number (in the Computers window) is being picked up erratically by BT.  This only happens for the localhost.  I've had the problem that occasionally a remote machine temp will stop being reported but closing & restarting TT always solves the issue.  For the localhost it's different.  The temps in the BT temp column come and go.  Restarting TT seems to fix it for a short time but then the temps start phasing in and out again, generally more out than in.

Edit:  Also if I bring up the BT graph and the TT graph on the local machine and set them for instance at 5 minutes, they both match and show the temps properly with no gaps.  While I'm doing this the localhost temps are still phasing in and out in the BT Tasks window.  One machine is using BT 1.16 and the other BT 1.17.  Happens the same in both.

fred

Quote from: Beyond on August 22, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Also if I bring up the BT graph and the TT graph on the local machine and set them for instance at 5 minutes, they both match and show the temps properly with no gaps.  While I'm doing this the localhost temps are still phasing in and out in the BT Tasks window.  One machine is using BT 1.16 and the other BT 1.17.  Happens the same in both.
1) To get thing clear, are you missing parts of the graph, so no gaps on the localhost?
2) The thing you see is that the Tasks window show the temperature intermittently. in other words show it, shows it not , shows it.
3) What is the refresh rate of the Tasks window.