Non existing cores showing in Temperature and Graphics tabs.

Started by Stephen, January 23, 2012, 03:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

I have just found TThrottle (Ver 5.10) and it seems just the thing for me. Thanks very much.  :D
I have an i7 laptop running Win 7 64 bit Home Premium. Going from the Manual I would expect to see no entries for cores 4 through 7. What I do see in the Temperature Tab, is static entries in the right hand column (68.1°C, 68.1°C, 72.6°C & 72.6°C) and blank fields for cores 4 through 7. The Graphic Tab has straight lines for these.
Is this to be expected or a bug?

TIA

Sephen

fred

Quote from: Stephen on January 23, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
I have just found TThrottle (Ver 5.10) and it seems just the thing for me. Thanks very much.  :D
The I7 should show 4 Temperatures. 2 cores share the same sensor, 8 Cores -> 4 Temperatures.
Check the logging, it should show something like this: This Processor has 8 cores and  4 temperature sensors.

The straight lines in the tab, are they temperatures? Because there are 2 max lines and 1 or 2 regulator lines.
You could try 5.50 Beta, there are no known problem with that version.

Stephen

Quote from: fred on January 24, 2012, 01:01:58 AM
Quote from: Stephen on January 23, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
The I7 should show 4 Temperatures. 2 cores share the same sensor, 8 Cores -> 4 Temperatures.
Check the logging, it should show something like this: This Processor has 8 cores and  4 temperature sensors.

The text had scrolled off the page so I shut down TThrottle and restarted it. The spurious readings disappeared and now all is as it should be.

The straight lines in the tab, are they temperatures? Because there are 2 max lines and 1 or 2 regulator lines.
You could try 5.50 Beta, there are no known problem with that version.

Yes, the straight lines were temperatures, not limits. See screen shots.
I will run with the released version and keep my eye on things over the next few reboots.
Thanks for a great programme.

Stephen

fred

Try 5.50, go to the expert tab an press "Recalibrate" that should do it.

Stephen

Quote from: fred on January 24, 2012, 11:30:53 PM
Try 5.50, go to the expert tab an press "Recalibrate" that should do it.

Restarting TThrotle did it but I downloaded 5.50 anyway.  :D

Stephen