BoincTasks JS on Mac ?

Started by JeromeC, March 28, 2021, 06:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeromeC

Hello

I can see there is a new version "BoincTasks Js runs native on Linux, Mac and Windows", JOY !! no more wine and all its blocking  and freezing ! (I've been using for many years on different macs)

But when I go to its download page it only mentions an ubuntu version (a .deb file) and a windows version (more recent !), nothing about any mac version ?

Thanks

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on March 28, 2021, 06:10:52 PM
nothing about any mac version ?
I'm working on the MAC version, It's by far the most complicated one to setup, so it was the last on my list.

JeromeC

OK I see thanks for the info !

I hope you can make it  :)

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on April 02, 2021, 12:08:18 PM
I hope you can make it  :)
The app works, but the rest is what they call Hell. Many many hoops to jump.

fred

JeromeC

WORKING ! GREAT ! Much quicker than the win version under wine ! JOY !!

(I had to fight to bit to add an external machine, but I managed it)

Thank you so much, I'll keep you posted in case of any trouble.

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on April 07, 2021, 06:24:13 PM
WORKING ! GREAT ! Much quicker than the win version under wine ! JOY !!
Great and that was before I started looking at improving speed in 1.12.

JeromeC

Cool :)

But this 1.12 is not released yet, right ? (still 1.11 on the download page)

Will you add a "new version" feature to inform / propose upgrade ?

I've been using it since more than 3 days now and I'm very happy with it. Obviously we miss many features of the "full version" of BT which is SO complete, with so many parameters, especially the possibility to filter by project in the history (the task history is one of the main feature that made me use BT under wine for so many years, despite of a very relative stability, force to regularly kill / restart because of various bugs / freezes). But then I realized I can sort by clicking on (some) of the column titles, so I could find what I was looking for :)

Talking about bugs I think I found one :

I tried to right-clic the project column (trying to find a filtering option) and I got this endless popup error, I had to force kill BT Js and restart it.

Also, if you plan translations for the tool and need any help, I can help you with French and Spanish, let me know.

Great tool in any case, looking forward for future versions !

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on April 10, 2021, 10:31:38 AM
Cool :)

But this 1.12 is not released yet, right ? (still 1.11 on the download page)

Will you add a "new version" feature to inform / propose upgrade ?

I've been using it since more than 3 days now and I'm very happy with it. Obviously we miss many features of the "full version" of BT which is SO complete, with so many parameters, especially the possibility to filter by project in the history (the task history is one of the main feature that made me use BT under wine for so many years, despite of a very relative stability, force to regularly kill / restart because of various bugs / freezes). But then I realized I can sort by clicking on (some) of the column titles, so I could find what I was looking for :)

Talking about bugs I think I found one :

I tried to right-clic the project column (trying to find a filtering option) and I got this endless popup error, I had to force kill BT Js and restart it.

Also, if you plan translations for the tool and need any help, I can help you with French and Spanish, let me know.

Great tool in any case, looking forward for future versions !
Look here : https://forum.efmer.com/index.php?topic=1982.msg9073
And https://github.com/efmer/boinctasks-js
I'm working on 1.12 now.
The bug is a test that I forgot all about......

JeromeC

The fact that you remember about this test now does mean you are going to handle, or I need to report it on github ?

(I know about GitHub but I have never "used" it and am not familiar with how to really use it - apart from downloading stuff - but if needed I'm willing to learn :) )

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on April 11, 2021, 03:00:51 PM
The fact that you remember about this test now does mean you are going to handle, or I need to report it on github ?
Once you post it here I add it to the list.
V 1.12 is available.

JeromeC

Excellent ! Thanks !

What is "Added: REC column in projects." ?

Also I have noticed in the Transfer tab in the Project column it is actually showing the name of File, duplicated, instead of the project name.

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on April 14, 2021, 11:02:06 AM
Excellent ! Thanks !

What is "Added: REC column in projects." ?

Also I have noticed in the Transfer tab in the Project column it is actually showing the name of File, duplicated, instead of the project name.
REC https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/REC-based_scheduler
I will check the Transfer tab.

JeromeC

About Extra / Boinc setting, apparently none of the setting that I have in the boinc manager can be seen here.

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on April 21, 2021, 05:30:50 PM
About Extra / Boinc setting, apparently none of the setting that I have in the boinc manager can be seen here.
Try 1.14, if they problem persist I will take another look.