56: losing temps from tthrottle

Started by JStateson, May 24, 2010, 03:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

Put in (v) 0.56 and immediately noticed that tthrottle was not consistently recognized.  Previously, the version number eg: 1.74, was rock solid once the system was recognized in the computer tab.  Now, some are blinking on and off.   My windows xp32 system shows up for 2-3 seconds then disappears for 5-6 seconds.  Some are stable, others blink off and come back on solid for a while.  Was there a timeing change?  Something is flacky.  

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on May 24, 2010, 03:40:13 AM
Put in (v) 0.56 and immediately noticed that tthrottle was not consistently recognized.  Previously, the version number eg: 1.74, was rock solid once the system was recognized in the computer tab.  Now, some are blinking on and off.   My windows xp32 system shows up for 2-3 seconds then disappears for 5-6 seconds.  Some are stable, others blink off and come back on solid for a while.  Was there a timeing change?  Something is flacky.  
There was a user request... not to show the version number when there wasn't any connection.
I will try to improve. ;D

JStateson

OK, that makes sense, not showing the version number but coloring it red when offline might be a better solution. I assume I have had this problem all along although it is strange that only the xp-32 system is affected the worst. It is a fast quad.

JStateson

More info on the flacky xp-32 system.  It is blinkin on and off about every 3 seconds but is staying on more often than off.  No other systems behave like this flacky one.  It is at the end of a wireless repeater and has 2 gpu's.  There is also a ubuntu x64 box with one gpu and on the same wireless repeater.  That system is reporting temps back to boinctasks just fine.

I have 4 linux system that are polling cpu & gpu temps once every 10 seconds from a gnome panel applet (8.1, thru 10.04 ubuntu) and a pthread routes the temps back to boinctasks with a 7 second timeout on "accept".  Originally I had 5 and 1 and that gave flacky results tho not near as bad as that xp-32 system running tthrottle.

I have 3 other windows systems, all 64 bit and all running tthrottle just fine without a glitch.

I am going to look at that wireless repeater and see if that is the problem.  Possibly linux handles bad connections better then xp-32.