Slovak

Started by Pepo, January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

I'm slowly beginning with Slovak (Slovensky, 1052, SKY) translation.

But: I've immediately faced one problem: code page. >:( Pure ANSI is for Slovak language not sufficient.
UTF8 or ...? Texts like "Zvyšný čas" ("Time Left") displays like "ZvyšnĂ˝ Ä..." (like if it were displayed as written in Eastern Europe (1250) code page).

:-[  ???  ::)

OK, I've written the file in Central European (1250) codepage - now BT displays it just fine.
So, Fred, you can expect the Slovak translation in a couple of weeks  ;D
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

But: I've immediately faced one problem: code page. >:( Pure ANSI is for Slovak language not sufficient.
UTF8 or ...? Texts like "Zvyšný čas" ("Time Left") displays like "ZvyšnĂ˝ Ä..." (like if it were displayed as written in Eastern Europe (1250) code page).

:-[  ???  ::)

OK, I've written the file in Central European (1250) codepage - now BT displays it just fine.
Ok nice to have one more language on board. See you when it's finished.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on January 14, 2010, 09:10:49 PM
Very slowly, as I see now...

I've recovered my BoincTasks_SKY-0.42.btlang, updated it to BoincTasks_SKY-0.87.btlang (now I estimate it to be up to 30% done) and will, again slowly ;D, continue with its translation.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 15, 2010, 03:31:19 PM
Very slowly, as I see now...

I've recovered my BoincTasks_SKY-0.42.btlang, updated it to BoincTasks_SKY-0.87.btlang (now I estimate it to be up to 30% done) and will, again slowly ;D, continue with its translation.
Turned out somewhat more than a couple of weeks......
Added to V 0.88

Pepo

The complete main interface is finished (0.88 ready), up to a handful of some dialogs.
Peter

Pepo

Snapshot of the Task Properties dialog (it is similar for Project Properties): Meno gcwsieve_7217928_87720640e6_87720700e6_0

Applikácia Cullen/Woodall Prime Search (Sieve) 1.01
Meno workunit gcwsieve_7217928_87720640e6_87720700e6
Stav Beží
Prijatá 21.11.10 10:43:04
Termín hlásenia 28.11.10 10:43:05
Zdroje
CPU èas pri poslednom checkpointe 09:32:31
CPU èas 09:36:04
uplynutý èas 10:47:02
Estimated time remaining 04:34:31
Dokonèená èas 69.907 %
Ve¾kos virtuálnej pamäte 26.10 MB
Ve¾kos reálnej pamäte 17.18 MB
Adresár slots/0
ID procesu 2324

Apparently as the single lines' length differ from english original and tab characters are used to line-up the right part, we probably have to specify some method to include different numbers of tab chars in different translations?? (German text does line-up, Polish not completely, Spanish nearly, the Romanian possibly looks even worse than the Slovak one.)

(Who understands the language, never mind some incorrect characters - I've no idea why the text did not paste correctly, but it is displayed just fine in BT.)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 24, 2010, 09:12:49 PM
Snapshot of the Task Properties dialog (it is similar for Project Properties):
I changed the task and project properties. You can remove all the %09 tabs. The columns are now properly aligned.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 25, 2010, 10:45:02 AM
[...]  probably have to specify some method to include different numbers of tab chars in different translations?
I changed the task and project properties. You can remove all the %09 tabs. The columns are now properly aligned.
My bad, I forgot there already were such tab characters :D and did not get the idea what are they for.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2010, 11:39:27 AM
[...]  probably have to specify some method to include different numbers of tab chars in different translations?
My bad, I forgot there already were such tab characters :D and did not get the idea what are they for.
The new way doesn't use tabs, as tabs are not 100% reliable. And 9 is the ASCII tab character, from the teletype. ;D

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 25, 2010, 11:42:49 AM
Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2010, 11:39:27 AM
The new way doesn't use tabs, as tabs are not 100% reliable. And 9 is the ASCII tab character, from the teletype. ;D
In the mean time, I was at least able to align the right column correctly.
Peter

Pepo

Most of the Task & Project properties (except the initial <Computer>   </> line) contain only phrases, just the six disk-related lines (<Disk*****>    </>) contain phrases terminated with colon. Should we discard the disk's colons to unify all lines?
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2010, 12:37:41 PM
In the Graphic dialog, the translated equivalents of <EmptyComputer> and <EmptyProject> are probably displayed with wrong encoding - some characters in the graphic area are displayed incorrectly. All other controls in the dialogs display correct translations.
After setting <GroupCodePage> <Page> ... correctly, the two strings are already displayed correctly.

Independent from this, the Messages tab's initial <StatusSelectOne> string is displayed with wrong encoding. Also the translated strings in Notices tab are displayed with wrong encoding.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 11:19:49 PM
Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2010, 12:37:41 PM
In the Graphic dialog, the translated equivalents of <EmptyComputer> and <EmptyProject> are probably displayed with wrong encoding - some characters in the graphic area are displayed incorrectly. All other controls in the dialogs display correct translations.
After setting <GroupCodePage> <Page> ... correctly, the two strings are already displayed correctly.

Independent from this, the Messages tab's initial <StatusSelectOne> string is displayed with wrong encoding. Also the translated strings in Notices tab are displayed with wrong encoding.
I wished for UNICODE. ???

StatusSelectOne I made a small changed, maybe the does it.

For the notices, go to: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html

Try changing the encoding: charset=windows-1252.
This may help. You need the restart BT for the template to be used again or to select another computer with a different notices text.

You can use this as well: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\html
And change the notices.html file itself, easy for checking but not permanent.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 10:56:53 PM
Most of the Task & Project properties (except the initial <Computer>   </> line) contain only phrases, just the six disk-related lines (<Disk*****>    </>) contain phrases terminated with colon. Should we discard the disk's colons to unify all lines?
In English I already removed them.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 30, 2010, 07:58:08 AM
Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 11:19:49 PM
[...] the Messages tab's initial <StatusSelectOne> string is displayed with wrong encoding. Also the translated strings in Notices tab are displayed with wrong encoding.
I wished for UNICODE. ???
That would for sure solve a lot...
BTW, I'm possibly mixing reports from two different computers :) each displaying something correctly and something other not ;D First I've to be sure I'm not confused, then report...

For the notices, go to: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html

Try changing the encoding: charset=windows-1252.
This may help. You need the restart BT for the template to be used again or to select another computer with a different notices text.
My C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html\notices_template.html does already contain "charset=windows-1252".
But I've noticed that the Notices tab contains IE context menu (IE is default on the machine) - it is set do display "West European languages (Windows) encoding". Changing it manually to "Mid European (Windows)" solves it. (Should be solved automatically by the charset preference, neeeee?? IE....)

You can use this as well: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\html
And change the notices.html file itself, easy for checking but not permanent.
Both IE and Chrome display the encoding incorrectly: IE (like BT) as  "West European languages (Windows) encoding", again a manual change to "Mid European (Windows)" solves it; Chrome as "Western (Windows-1252)", manual switch to "Mid European (Windows-1250)" solves it again. ;D ::) >:( Damn!! That's the culprit - my code page is Win-1250, not Win-1252! And Win-1252 is "Western Latin1".
I'm dumb:
QuoteTry changing the encoding: charset=windows-1252. This may help.
you wanted me actually to change the encoding from existing Win-1252, not into Win-1252 ..... Reading and thinking simultaneously sometimes helps.

Could the notices_template.html be somehow generated according to the selected language (using the encoding, selected in .btlang's first line)? (This would possibly mean pushing notices_template.html from ProgramFiles somewhere into user-writable data area?)
Peter